The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Free to a Good Home: Epson 7900

dchew

I am finally moving on. Purchased new in Dec 2009 (yes, you read that right). It has been chugging along fine until the last month when the orange channel started to go. It still seems to print fine, but here is what the current nozzle check looks like:

The light magenta lines on the far right look messed up in the jpeg, but they are actually fine.

I've only done standard cleanings and pair cleanings; no power cleaning or any other efforts to fix clogs have ever been tried.

If you want to get it working, there is a good chance the head needs replaced (still on the original). With the protection plan below, that would cost $995:
https://epson.com/Accessories/Printer-Accessories/One-Time-Service-Plan---EPWPSP1R24/p/EPWPSP1R24

Here is a pic of the current ink levels. LLB is a bit hard to see; it is just a bit less than the green level:

Also comes with two unused cartridges:
Light Light Black 350ml, exp 2020-08-07
Light Cyan 150ml, exp 2020-06-21

And one unused extra wiper blade.

I am east of Cleveland, OH. You would have to figure out how to get it. If anyone wants it, I will hold on to it until the COVID madness has eased. Just seems a shame to toss it.

Dave

anyone

I had a similar issue with my Epson P600. After a good cleaning of all cartridges, the issue went away and until now it's good to print. Definitely not to toss!

richardman

Dave, my green channel has similar but worse problem as your orange channel. I tried everything including removing the heads to clean, but to no avail. OTOH, it does print fine even with heavy green image, so I am going to run it until it's not. The only problem is that the printer says it needs to be cleaned frequently so a lot of inks are wasted :-/

I can't afford to get a replacement so c'est la vie. If no one takes your offer, and you plan to junk it, I will take your ink cartridges!

Good luck.