The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Sony Zeiss Planar T* 85mm f/1.4 ZA

Giving up my recently serviced (by Sony Pro Services) Sony Zeiss Planar T* 85mm f/1.4 ZA. This is my last A-mount lens and since I have the G Master 85/1.4 it is redundant. Note that all the sample images here were taken after the recent service and the lens is performing wonderfully. I shot it on the a99II and the resolution was outstanding - within a hair of the GM which is really impressive. More importantly it renders with that classic Zeiss micro contrast and a healthy amount of cream in the bokeh.

Lens barrel has some minor brassing here and there as shown in the product images but the thing is solid like a tank. Glass is clean and as I mentioned this is a very sharp copy - see 1:1 crop below shot @ f/1.4

$830 insured and shipped to CONUS via USPS. Includes original caps, ALC-SH137 hood and Sony lens pouch.

Thanks,
Chad

Ok, let's see if we can sweeten the deal... $730 insured and shipped to CONUS. Come on Sony people, this is a winner and they don't construct lenses like this anymore.