The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX 100ii vs Hasselblad x2d 100c using Color Checker Digital SG

Paratom

Do not read anything into what I originally asked about.

I simply want to know if given two different RAW files from two different cameras (Hassleblad vs Fuji) can it be expected that a color correction software that generates a ICC profile, will produce the same looking image?

I would think they will look identical, but that's what I would like others to chime in about.

ks
I don't think so. color checker has only a limited number of colors on it. Some time ago I checked it out just to find out that you need to do profiles for each type of light and color temperature and sometimes the results looked good and sometimes not. In theory it would make each sensor look the same, but that's just theory.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I don't think so. color checker has only a limited number of colors on it. Some time ago I checked it out just to find out that you need to do profiles for each type of light and color temperature and sometimes the results looked good and sometimes not. In theory it would make each sensor look the same, but that's just theory.
As the saying goes: "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

KEVINS

What are peoples thoughts on the lenses?
Comparing the 80mm prime with the 45-100 zoom, how much sharpness would the image be losing, if any?

The 45-100 would allow some options when it comes to distance from the subject but not sure if sharpness/details would be noticeably different between a prime vs zoom with today's lens quality.

Should I stick with the 80mm prime to make sure the sharpness and clarity isn't compromised for photographing my artwork?

ks