The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX 50 with Pentax telephoto lens?

sc_john

I would like to add a 250-300mm lens to gfx 50s kit, and I want to explore adapted lenses before considering Fuji GF lenses. Has anyone had experience with Pentax 645 A* Green Star 300mm f/4 ED IF MF Lens on GFX? If so... pros? cons? adapter used?

Thanks.

John

rdeloe

No experience with that particular Pentax, but I did use the 150-300/5.6 on my GFX 50R or a short while. It's actually a good lens despite one very negative review on the PentaxForums site.

If you'd like to see some full resolution JPEG files, scroll down to the bottom of this page and look for the link: https://www.robdeloephotography.com/Pages/Toyo-VX23D-and-Fuji-GFX-50R I provided 150mm, 180mm and 300mm.

I didn't keep it because despite being a very light and compact 645 tele lens, it is too long and heavy for my VX23D "adapter". I also used it on a Fotodiox Tilt-Shift adapter, where it was fine because I could mount the adapter to a tripod collar. The standard Fotodiox Pentax 645 to Fuji GFX adapter works well too with this lens. However, if you're going to shoot it on a tripod, I strongly suggest you figure out how to use a collar of some kind so you don't have to mount the camera to the tripod. I can point you to a collar that could work well.

Last edited:

gurtch

I have that exact same lens along with the matched 1.4X multiplier. I purchased it used to use on my Pentax 645D. It was outstanding on that camera. I now have a GFX 50R, and sold the Pentax, but I have not had the reason to try the lens on that camera. I have the Fotodiox Pro PT645-GFX adapter. It seems well made, and has a tripod mount built in, which you will need. I had to return the original as it would not lock the Pentax lens in place. The Vendor was very good about it and sent me a new one. If I get an opportunity, I will shoot some sample photos using a tripod (you will probably need it) and that lens.
Dave in NJ

rdeloe

I have the Fotodiox Pro PT645-GFX adapter. It seems well made, and has a tripod mount built in, which you will need.
<Slaps forehead> Of course the "straight" adapter has a foot. I forgot that because I threw the foot away when I chopped my copy of the straight one in half to use the front half on a lens board. It's my Fotodiox Tilt-ROKR tilt-shift adapter that doesn't have the foot and needs a collar.