The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX w H mount adapter ~~ Leaf Shutter and flash sync ~~ Any experiences?

ian_T

Hi all, I'm curious to hear from anyone who has used Fuji's h-mount adapter specifically to use leaf-shutter H lenses on the fuji GFX bodies with flash. What sync speeds are you able to actually achieve? (I have read the data, I'm interested in real world experiences). And if this is covered elsewhere please let me know : ) It seems like this is a promising workaround to the very slow 1/125 sync speed on the system, but I've had a hard time finding any evidence of people actually doing it other than just saying that it can be done.

Cheers!

Attachments

Knorp

Hi all, I'm curious to hear from anyone who has used Fuji's h-mount adapter specifically to use leaf-shutter H lenses on the fuji GFX bodies with flash. What sync speeds are you able to actually achieve? (I have read the data, I'm interested in real world experiences). And if this is covered elsewhere please let me know : ) It seems like this is a promising workaround to the very slow 1/125 sync speed on the system, but I've had a hard time finding any evidence of people actually doing it other than just saying that it can be done.

Cheers!
Hi there Ian,

as this is just your "friendly Fuji forum", you better post your question in the "Medium Format Systems and Digital Backs" forum.

Kind regards.

Detlef_g

Hi Ian,

i´m using three older HC lenses together with h-mount adapter. It works as it should.
No problems. I do have in use the HC80, HC35; HC50 connected direct with the Adapter on a GFX100S and also together with the Hasselblad HTS 1.5.
you can use the leaf shutter of the lens and get a sync speed of 1/800. Works without any problem.
or you can also use the internal Focal-plane shutter of the GFX100S. Only hit the button on the GFX-H Adapter and the related menu Pop up.
I tested flash syn with an Godox AD1200, works great. if you in leaf shutter mode, the Godox do not use the HSS option for 1/250 and shorter.
But switch into the Focal-plane shutter mode, the AD1200 works with HSS.

i need at the beginning some training with manual focusing. But it is mostly a matter of training

thanks
Detlef