The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

PeterA

... i can't wait to see which bike you ride when you have expanded your new hobby with a couple of kids!!!
: )
Ahhh provenance and timelines...our children are all grown up now and independent(ish) ...

The 996 SPS (Pista) was manufactured in 1998 for British market only. My model was manufactured in 1999 - one of three sold in Australia out of a total of 150 world wide. Most of these bikes have long since been 'totalled'....mine was sold to a collector for 4X the original value some 15 years later as it was in pristine condition and included unused Factory Racing stickers in box with non race factory exhaust it was as good as new with less than 2000 miles on the clock mufflers etc ...My wiffy always took a jaundiced view of track days and was aghast at me taking my children for rides as pillions on a (relatively ) comfortable Motto Guzzi 1000Sport - years before I purchased and many more before I sold the Ducati.

A motorbike for me these days is (like my collected photographs ) - a stocktake of happy and some not-so-happy memories and an exercise in nostalgia.

PS teh modern bikes with all their ABS and computer chipped lean angle control and wheelie control and this and that safety features are more like playing a video game - @drevil 's 1199 Panigale is probably the last of the truly beastly Ducatis to ride in anger if one is so inclined...these days everything is being safetied into boringness - which is probably a good thing for 99% of riders.

Aaaaanyway back to fun with MF pichas.

Cheers
Pete

drevil

Staff member
Ahhh provenance and timelines...our children are all grown up now and independent(ish) ...

The 996 SPS (Pista) was manufactured in 1998 for British market only. My model was manufactured in 1999 - one of three sold in Australia out of a total of 150 world wide. Most of these bikes have long since been 'totalled'....mine was sold to a collector for 4X the original value some 15 years later as it was in pristine condition and included unused Factory Racing stickers in box with non race factory exhaust it was as good as new with less than 2000 miles on the clock mufflers etc ...My wiffy always took a jaundiced view of track days and was aghast at me taking my children for rides as pillions on a (relatively ) comfortable Motto Guzzi 1000Sport - years before I purchased and many more before I sold the Ducati.

A motorbike for me these days is (like my collected photographs ) - a stocktake of happy and some not-so-happy memories and an exercise in nostalgia.

PS teh modern bikes with all their ABS and computer chipped lean angle control and wheelie control and this and that safety features are more like playing a video game - @drevil 's 1199 Panigale is probably the last of the truly beastly Ducatis to ride in anger if one is so inclined...these days everything is being safetied into boringness - which is probably a good thing for 99% of riders.

Aaaaanyway back to fun with MF pichas.

Cheers
Pete
also the 1199 has TC and ABS, the superleggera even got wheelie control and launch control if i am not mistaken.

just by the look i would love to get my hands on a 1299 superleggera, the paint job is amazing and this wsbk exhaust is a dream