The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

diforbes

I love Northumberland's landscapes, their mix of human intervention and natural beauty is just stunning. I put together two very different moods here:

Bamburgh Castle at sunset

Spittal's Pier

Both images taken with Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters. Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri
Which filters did you use? ND, grad ND, etc. Thanks.

spb

Staff member
Question: this is supposed to show white snow. Settings were:

I had one attempt at adjusting 1 of 4 images that all look very blue on Auto White Balance. Adj. attempt below which still looks wrong:

06.12.20_Lauerz-snow_0003.jpg1607273380238.png06.12.20_Lauerz-snow_0004.jpg
Anyone ideas as
to what correction I need to make in Phocus?

06.12.20_Lauerz-snow_0004.jpg
Final image, not perfect but 'saved',

Last edited:

diforbes

View attachment 179243

View attachment 179242
I had one attempt at adjusting 1 of 4 images that all look very blue on Auto White Balance. Adj. attempt below which still looks wrong:

View attachment 179245
Anyone ideas as to what correction I need to make in Phocus?
Snow is a challenge. Exposure meter wants to under expose so use exposure compensation to override that. Try manual white balance controls as well, and check whether your Auto WB is off (many cameras have Auto WB adjustments that can become "de-centered" by accident.

dj may

View attachment 179243

View attachment 179242

View attachment 179245
Anyone ideas as to what correction I need to make in Phocus?
View attachment 179243
Was this late in the day? Maybe the snow was not white. I do not use Phocus, however, if you want to do a Zoom call, I can show you what I do with Lightroom.

pegelli

Page 31 in the manual: Phocus User Manual

Take the "neutralisation tool" dropper and put it on the snow and it should make it neutral, after that you can use the exposure controls to make it (near) white instead of grey

Status
Not open for further replies.