The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well why not we have it everywhere else. I think it would be nice but can we please put Camera , Back and Lens. It helps others see what lenses are doing and systems . Thanks and have fun with this

gogopix

Subscriber
somewhat modest start
Contax 645, 80mm, cropped (I wasn't getting wet! :D ) kodak back

recognize the water color (it is that color!)? well not quite. the srgb sort of ruins it (maybe mneed to play with the profile)

Victor

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Just for grins same shot as above no sharpening and at 3.5 for a 500 dollar lens. i just jumped off the slope

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Sweet! Yes, the 150 is stellar, super even wide open and great bokeh. I am stoked on this new kit :)

David K

Workshop Member
Wow Guy, those are impressive... Even after several years of shooting MFDB, I never cease to be amazed at what they are capable of. Glad to see you enjoying your new gear. Makes the cost worthwhile.

D

DougDolde

After my 9 Step Program for Gearholics I need to confess. I bought Dave Kipper's Aptus 75S. These are all shot with the Contax 645, Zeiss 140mm. First two wide open f/2.8, third f/11. First time out with this kit. All were shot in Malibu. Coming from 4x5 where I strive to have everything in sharp focus this is a departure for me. Anyone know what these purple weeds are called?

Guy Mancuso

It sure does. But my color is off here. Been having major system issues . Right now in the middle of completely reinstalling my Mac Pro from scratch. What a PITA. LOL
But at least i can get back to normal

Guy Mancuso

Doug , David told me in Private that you got his system. I wish you the best of luck with it and congrats. I came very close myself just short about 10k, LOL

gogopix

Subscriber
Ahhh Contax-cograts Doug!

Although I am not a fan of the Aptus, kicked out some rich colors here!

lots of good glass to feed photons to that 75s!

regards
Victor

robmac

Also impressed by the level detail visible in the ASU SD uniforms - stitching, the polyester -pile', etc - and of the poor SOB wearing the suit in Az in the Spring.

Guy Mancuso

Have to say the detail is really something in these files. This really is a jump up. If you want to get in MF at a reasonable price than the ZD is the entry point. The lenses are not expensive at all unless you get some specialized ones but even the standard 80 mm is sharp as a tack. So the reality is even full price for the ZD is 10k than 2 or 3 k on lenses and that is retail on all of it. So 13k tops and you have a great kit. Now the new body is coming so i will most likely sell the Mamiya AFD-II with 80 and get the new III body and that new 80 lens and that is 5k which is still great and still have all my glass and when i am ready to move up to a better back than that is all i will need to do is buy that. But not in a real rush to do that either the ZD is nice but slow. I would get to get something that ISO 400 or 800 would be very good on noise. I could use this more often on jobs if i can get that down the road but yes i am impressed very much so far. AWB is not so hot though on the ZD part

robmac

What about the old 'purple worms' and such people were first complaining about re: the ZD?

Made the mistake of downloading some test shots from CI's site. The P21 looks impressive as hell.

D

DougDolde

One more. Wouldn't you know it just when I get this there's this funky LA weather, 90's and the worst sky imaginable. Hazy no clouds at all.

Last edited:

woodyspedden

You guys are killing me! I don't get my Hassy CWD until Tuesday and I am dying to shoot with it to see files like these. HELP!!! I need a fix

Woody

D

DougDolde

Now I realize that last actual pixels crop actually isn't very good. I just got Leaf Capture 11 running. This is a small actual pixels crop and WITHOUT any Photoshopping at all; everything done in LC11.

This is just crazy !

(I know I am making this page load slow but they are only jpg level 7.)

Status
Not open for further replies.