The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Sony Cameras 2022

pegelli

One of the hikes we did in Newfoundland was the Alexander Murray trail near Kings Point. It's a ~7 km loop with a 1 km path to/from the parking lot, so a good afternoon walk.

What we didn't know was that there's quite a few height meters to climb as well but mostly with wooden stairs. Later we read it's a total of ~2200 stair steps, which I can tell you is a lot and quite tiring to climb and go down.

Here's a few of those stairs

Looking down

Going up

Near the summit (about halfway)

All A7ii + Tamron FE 28-200 Di III RXD

pegelli

The lighthouse and lightkeepers home of Cape Anguille, the most westerly point of Newfoundland.

The lightkeepers house is now a B&B where we stayed two days. It was really "the end of the world", the road stopped there and there were only foot trails along the coast to get any further.

The total "complex"

The top light and a half moon

Both A7ii + Tamron FE 28-200 Di III RXD

AlanS

While I am on holiday (see Fun with micro 4rd cameras) I try to have a few days out hill walking, this is one such day....
A walk up Liathach, Torridon, Scotland.
Sony Rx100m4

View down to the road (you can see the car park) from about 2/3rd the way up to the ridge

Looking to the first Munro

View east from the first Munro looking over Beinn Eighe

View west along the pinnicles ridge to the second Munro (from the first Munro)

View west from the second Munro with views of Skye and the outer Isles and Beinn Alligin
3 h image pano

Another pano looking back east to the first Munro

All that was left was a brutal 1000m unrelenting decent back to the road and a 3k walk back to the car.
Fantastic day in the Scotish hills!