The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

pegelli

Yesterday I visited the Jacques Henri Lartigue exhibition in La Hulpe (south of Brussels). Very worthwhile, not only photografically but also the extensive explanations at the photos gave a lot of new (to me) insights in his life. Tomorrow is the last day of this exhibition, so if you're interested you need to be swift!

As you may know Lartigue was obsessed with trying to capture speed in a static photo. Here's two well known examples, the first with gravel flying around and the second a demonstration what a slow focal plane shutter does with a fast moving racecar while panning. They put these on a slanted panel which I thought was a nice touch, because Lartige often slanted his photos in order to increase the sense of speed, allthough these two examples seem quite straight.

M246M + Summaron 35/2.8

lookbook

Indeed, and Folon was also a gifted painter, aquarelist, poster designer and sculptor (and more), a true all-round creative artist!

Another Folon sculpture between mirrors, with some of his poster designs in the background:

M246M + Summaron 35/2.8
... very nice Pegelli!
i can't resist a reflective surface either - here on an incoming train in hamburg ...

Back to the Future ...
Leica M Monochrom | Elmar-M 1:3.8/24 ASPH.