The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Epstar83

My first post in this thread. I started shooting Monochrom M cameras about 4 years ago, initially with the M246 and then moved to the M10M. This series is from an afternoon shooting at Kollupitiya Station, Colombo, Sri Lanka whilst there on a work trip.

Lens is Summilux-M 35/1.4 FLE (2010)

Attachments

Last edited:

pegelli

I've never shot at ISO 10,000 before or had any much interest in shooting at night. I've only had the M10M for a couple of days now and not much opportunity to use it - so I am in getting to know how it deals with light at night - amazing ( to me ) is all I can say .
Yes, monochrom cameras can shine at night. My Oostende pic above was at iso 12500. The M246M has some banding at high iso in the dark areas, so lifting shadows is not a good idea, but as long as you leave them (almost) black it's OK. The M10M and M11M are supposed to be better in that regard.

PeterA

Yes, monochrom cameras can shine at night. My Oostende pic above was at iso 12500. The M246M has some banding at high iso in the dark areas, so lifting shadows is not a good idea, but as long as you leave them (almost) black it's OK. The M10M and M11M are supposed to be better in that regard.
I like the way teh camera treats noise at higher ISO too - never shot with teh Q2mon at night nor - the original M9M I shot with - this camera is almost asking me to give it go.