The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gowlandflex 4x5 Large format TLR with Kodak Commercial Ektar 10" F6.3

apophoto

Selling a beautiful Gowlandflex 4x5 Large format TLR with Kodak Commercial Ektar 10" F6.3
You rarely see these camera for sale
Comes with the Kodak Commercial Ektar 10" F6.3
Focusing hood is in good condition and intact.
Focusing screen is clean
Shutter speeds are quite accurate, focusing is smooth

Selling for $3250 shipped worldwide.

Attachments

rollsman44

Hi, are there any Light leaks in the bellows? Any marks on the lens Glass? Do all the Shutter speeds work as expected? Thank you DEnnis
Do the Blades work smoothly and NO oil. Thanks again

Last edited:

Smoothjazz

This is a piece of history! I have one also- I met Peter Gowland at his home in California many years ago- quite a bit of nostalgia with his history of fashion photography.
A bit of trivia- there is also a 5x7 version of this camera- I have one.

rollsman44

This is a piece of history! I have one also- I met Peter Gowland at his home in California many years ago- quite a bit of nostalgia with his history of fashion photography.
A bit of trivia- there is also a 5x7 version of this camera- I have one.
Do you use the 5X7 or just keep it as part of history? I was thinking of buying one just to keep as I too Have known him form 1971. I have about 5 of his books.
I would not shoot film today( super expensive especially the 4x5 or 5x7 sheet film. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Smoothjazz

I always thought I would use it someday when I have more time and could start a film project- but it just never seems to happen does it?
I keep it more as a piece of history currently- but someday I will capture my inner Edward Weston and make some hand held portraits, then make contact prints!

rollsman44

Thank you for sharing this I am on the fence about purchasing it. I would never use it to shoot film, Maybe just to have it. Thanks

rollsman44

Selling a beautiful Gowlandflex 4x5 Large format TLR with Kodak Commercial Ektar 10" F6.3
You rarely see these camera for sale
Comes with the Kodak Commercial Ektar 10" F6.3
Focusing hood is in good condition and intact.
Focusing screen is clean
Shutter speeds are quite accurate, focusing is smooth

Selling for $3250 shipped worldwide.
Can you keep in touch with me if you decide to lower the price. Its the Mystique about the camera that makes me want it. I am in no Rush. TY DEnnis

rollsman44

Honestly, I cant make an offer as I really cant find out what the market is for this camera. I cant make a comparison. I know I dont want to spend more than 1500.00
Thats NOT what I am offering as this might be an insult. I am not trying to do that. I wish I had at least one to see what they are going for.
Again, this is not an offer its Just want to spend .As it has no use to me just to have it. Thank you Dennis