The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H lens on GFX -- what happens when you power off?

rdeloe

If you use the Fuji adapter for H lenses on GFX cameras, what happens when you set the lens to an aperture (say f/11), put the camera in bulb mode to open the shutter (if that works) and then power off. Does the aperture stay at f/11, and does the shutter stay open?

Rob

P. Chong

Hi Rob,

The aperture stays fully open until there is power from the camera. It gets closed to operating aperture when the power from the camera is on. I don’t know how to put the camera in bulb mode. The longest shutter speed is 60mins. But any time the power from the camera is cut, the aperture returns to fully open.

rdeloe

Fantastic, thank you. Alas, that's bad news for my intended purpose, which was to use it off camera as an adapted lens. Oh well, on to the next idea...

Hi Rob,

The aperture stays fully open until there is power from the camera. It gets closed to operating aperture when the power from the camera is on. I don’t know how to put the camera in bulb mode. The longest shutter speed is 60mins. But any time the power from the camera is cut, the aperture returns to fully open.
So you tried taking the lens off whilst the camera was in a 60 second exposure? ie same effect as taking it off in bulb mode...

That would be surprising as most other manufacturers enable this to happen... Hasselblad may just be the exception..