The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Carl Zeiss V lenses on Pentax 645Z: Disregard: OMIT

rollsman44

Can anyone let me know how these lenses work is as a portrait lens on Pentax 645Z with the adaptor.
Also, Can I use this lens with my Pocket wizard on the camera? Or do I have to use a sync cable to make the flash work
There is also the CF version but I read its the same optics. Just want to try the V lenses on my Pentax 645Z
Thank you

Last edited:

hypermanual

You can't use the leaf shutter within hasselblad lens, and you also need to manually stop down the aperture.

Flash triggering should work normally, synchronized with the camera's shutter, but without Pentax TTL (although I'm pretty sure Pocket wizard doesn't support it anyway).

rollsman44

Thank you everyone for sharing this. I would like more info on the Best V lenses for Pentax 645Z I researched the CF lenses BUT I would like to know what others I can use
I am looking at the CF 50 F4 and Planar CF 100/3.5 and Mainly CF 150 lens. I dont need TTL and AF . Thank you again, Dennis

richardman

The absolutes "best" portraits lens for the V system is the 50, 60, 80, 100, 110, 120, 150, 250, 350
e.g. you can't go wrong with any. The crop factor is ~1.3x so a 60 is a good "normal" lens

The 110 is legendary but could be soft at F2, but if you love it, you'll love it. I love it.

John_McMaster

I would recommend in particular the CF 50f4 FLE, CF 100f3.5, FE 150f2.8, CF 180f4. I use on my Contax 645 | IQ180 and my GFX 100 with adapters. They are tack sharp and are great fun to use.
Indeed, my last Hasselblad kit was an SWC/M 903, with those 50, 100 and 180 lenses

johbn