The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D II and Godox v860II flash?

Mauriciomartz

I’m looking to buy a flash for my X1D II and was wondering if the Godox v860II would work with it. Does anyone know if that combination works? I’ve heard a lot of people saying that the X1D II only works with a few brands when it comes to flash devices. Any advice is appreciated!

msadat

yes it does not work, they have baked in or hardcoded the nikon flash, i have not been able to use any flash but nikon

Mauriciomartz

Which Nikon flash have you been using? I’ve heard mixed comments. Some people say the godox one should work and some others say it won’t. The Godox one is half the price but haven’t been able to find any info regarding its usability with hasselblad cameras

Mauriciomartz

yes it does not work, they have baked in or hardcoded the nikon flash, i have not been able to use any flash but nikon
Which Nikon flash have you been using? I’ve heard mixed comments. Some people say the godox one should work and some others say it won’t. The Godox one is half the price but haven’t been able to find any info regarding its usability with hasselblad cameras

OleBe

The Nikon version should work in manual. Do not expect TTL or something similar. Wireless triggers of Godox in the Nikon version work perfectly in manual. Up to fastest shutter speed and reliable. Am using Godox 600 studio flashes for years now without issues.

masud

Not sue about Godox, but I use Profoto A10 with Nikon mount as well as a Profoto Nikon TTL trigger (with monolights). Both work well.

I have Pixapro CITI 600 heads, which work fine with my H4D-50 using the Pixapro STE-3 and STE-4 transmitters for Canon - BUT - it's a sync only thing as the secondary pins do not function. You can send power instructions though. The STE's will go to sleep after 10 sec and need to be awoken with the test button or on/off switch - annoying! Dibbing the shutter button has no effect on them.