The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X2D coming soon to a divorce near you

Paul Spinnler

Alpa has a chart listing any limitations for their HXD Adapter Combinations with various lenses and mounts

"The overview shows the combinations that are achievable with the ALPA HxD adapter in various situations and combinations. Search for the line with the ALPA or third-party lens type in the first column and then a column with the camera type/combination you are looking for. In the crossing of both, you find the additional element(s) you need or what can be achieved. Gray areas are feasible and make the most sense; white areas are feasible but rather not universally applicable."
Thanks the reason why infinity cannot be reached with any body other than the TC is because of the handle of the X camera interfering with the larger Alpa camera bodies. And you need SB lenses.

Paul Spinnler

No, it's DJI Japan engineers with the patent assigned to Hasselblad. The patent is for the electro-mechanical lens function in this case.

Here's the first inventor listed, Masahiro Shirono's, LinkedIn page. He looks like a friendly guy to join for a beer!

There have been DJI Japan engineers listed in patent applications assigned to Hasselblad for viewfinder optics, lens adapter light baffles, and electro-mechanical lens functions.
You are quoting whole biographies of people in public forums (of the other female engineer) which means they might get found that way in an unforeseen manner and then you also link to people's LinkedIn commenting on their appearance and then go on to make assumptions on how collaborative their work with other engineers within Hassy / DJI is.

So a) you are making assumptions and b) are putting people publicly on the spot so they appear on search engines in maybe an unwanted way incl. linking to their work profiles. I find that quite stalky and weird.

Effectively you take the time to search employee lists on job networks based on patent filings to post them online and to try to make your points (assumptions) on collaboration within the DJI universe.

Imagine you work somewhere as a normal engineer and then one day you google yourself and then you see some pensioned dude with too much time musing about your appearance, how it is to drink a beer with you and then linking to your professional profile. I would assume that person might find that "unwarranted and unwelcome" ... I mean ... reciting biographies of people on forums about cameras is quite let's say "special" ... he must have been surprised to see quite a few random dudes checking out his profile the other day.

Last edited:

TechTalk

The Alpa HXD adapter combination chart is from 2018, so anyone interested in combinations not listed may wish to check with their dealer or Alpa. According to their chart, the following combinations work with ALPA 12 MAX, SWA, STC, WA, XY and do not show any limitations in focusing to infinity:

Lenses Short Barrel 34
• HR Alpagon 4.0/50 mm SB34
• HR Alpagon 5.6/90 mm SB34
• HR Alpagon 5.6/180 mm SB34

https://www.alpa.swiss/alpa-log/alpa-connects-to-hasselblad-x-cameras

Last edited:

TechTalk

You are quoting whole biographies of people in public forums (of the other female engineer) which means they might get found that way in an unforeseen manner and then you also link to people's LinkedIn commenting on their appearance and then go on to make assumptions on how collaborative their work with other engineers within Hassy / DJI is.

So a) you are making assumptions and b) are putting people publicly on the spot so they appear on search engines in maybe an unwanted way incl. linking to their work profiles. I find that quite stalky and weird.

Imagine you work somewhere as a normal engineer and then one day you google yourself and then you see some pensioned dude with too much time musing about your appearance, how it is to drink a beer with you and then linking to your professional profile. I would assume that person might find that "unwarranted and unwelcome" ... I mean ... reciting biographies of people on forums about cameras is quite let's say "special" ... he must have been surprised to see quite a few random dudes checking out his profile the other day.
I quoted partially from open and completely public LinkedIn pages and included a link. I assumed nothing about their work. I directly quoted their own words regarding their background and contributions which they have published on their own public pages or in a public patent. These are professional accomplishments which are published publicly and proudly by the individuals themselves.

It seems that only you have had this perception of either the nature or intent of any of my posts. I politely suggest that you drop the stalking allegations NOW!

Paul Spinnler

I am referring to the fact that you seemingly have so much time on your hands and such a need to make a point that you start googling individual engineers and putting them up on a forum. If I were a normal engineer I would not be happy to be mentioned in a random forum and would ask for the post to be removed. This is called right to privacy. He didn't put up a linkedin profile for you to cross-post it on a forum of camera nerds, but to be found in terms of his professional persona for potentially other opportunities down the road or just to network with other professionals.

The point is there is disctinction between normal employees and employees in an exposed position. No problem to call out a CEO or Chairman.

You are posting normal people on this forum and take the time to go through patent filings and professional work profiles to make your points and are ultimately assuming something about how they all work together over at DJI / Hassy by mapping out the people involved in certain topics by reading their professional work descriptions and then you go on to even recite educational biographies of individuals (eg the female engineer).

I find that "special".

Last edited:

TechTalk

Others may find your behavior acceptable. I do not. I'm done with this thread and perhaps this forum.

Ray Harrison

Others may find your behavior acceptable. I do not. I'm done with this thread and perhaps this forum.
I for one appreciate your insight here. I do hope you remain. I agree that the conversation has degraded. Hopefully we can right the ship. There will be a lot to discuss certainly after the announcement.

Paul Spinnler

I am sorry if you feel offended by the word "stalky". I take that back if this is offensive.

But I find your tone often sarcastic / arrogant and also in ways personally offensive and there's this quite evident need for you to correct people and have the final word and then you go to extraordinary lengths to research your documents and facts to make your points and re-quote people, etc. whilst insinuating that either I or others are just making unfounded assumptions which need to be called out by "facts".

You also added some LOL smileys to my posts to lighten the mood earlier on.

So being fact based, etc. is all fine and often I find that's super helpful to have someone to take the time to post technical documents, thanks very much, but I just merely react to your tone which I find sometimes baseline provocative and as said also offensive to some degree as you try to expose people with the desire of forming a "technical authority" of sorts. I can live with that, but then I react by pointing out things which then bother me.

I never directly enter the conversation by wishing to correct something you said earlier for example - what triggered me to reply to this threas was the astounding specs quoted by the latest leaks - which I find exciting and a show of a great product to look forward to, especially in conjunction with the Alpa system and its X adapter.

In addition I just wanted to point out earlier on that it seems DJI helped out quite a bit and this is for the benefit of a killer product which in my view also means a maturing of the Chinese camera manufacturing capabilities and a step change for DJI. It is quite a feat to produce such a camera at that price point. And more generally speaking I think it is just worthwhile reflecting on the point that there's now a new company out of China which is able to build the highest end of cameras - something which was previously only done by companies out of Japan / Europe.

So I hope we can lay this arguing to rest and be a bit more respectful in both ways, despite obvious biases / passions for certain brands. I aim to hold back in view of a courteous discussion as I too don't like the new tone and take back the word stalky as I don't want to be offensive in this way.

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Dear @Paul Spinnler and @TechTalk ,

Before this thread gets locked down, I hope both of you, who are extremely helpful and informative, can return to your usual - well - extremely helpful and informative states. It is so easy to take major offense where only a little offense was intended (ok, that's a joke).

I've been riled up by dismissive tones when I thought I had something actually useful to contribute. Only later did I realize I was attacking the mystique of a professional by pointing out that his complex methods weren't always necessary. I can understand why he responded belligerently. I had to leave the discussion lest it get uglier.

Forgive the impertinence,

Matt

Last edited:

hcubell

And let’s not forget the reason why we gear nerds are here in this thread…..new medium format camera announcement tomorrow!!!

not much longer now :)
Is there anything left to announce at this point given the tsunami of leaks?
I still have a number of questions, but I am not sure I will get answers tomorrow. For example, how does the X2D feel in hand to operate? Have any improvements been made in the area of weather resistance? Will the files be true 16 bit files? How well does the Eye AF actually work? How about the IBIS?

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Is there anything left to announce at this point given the tsunami of leaks?
I still have a number of questions, but I am not sure I will get answers tomorrow. For example, how does the X2D feel in hand to operate? Have any improvements been made in the area of weather resistance? Will the files be true 16 bit files? How well does the Eye AF actually work? How about the IBIS?
Don't forget availability!

Iskander

Unfortunately, there was no mention of Eye AF in the leaks. Is it really implemented?

I would be happy about AF-C.
Is there finally a live histogram?
Which lenses are suitable for 1/4000s?
Why is the upper display colored?
Many open questions.

hcubell

Unfortunately, there was no mention of Eye AF in the leaks. Is it really implemented?

I would be happy about AF-C.
Is there finally a live histogram?
Which lenses are suitable for 1/4000s?
Why is the upper display colored?
Many open questions.
TechTalk carefully read the FCC submission that was published on August 25. The X2D was described therein as having "face tracking." I have been assuming that referred to "Eye AF." I could be wrong, but I have never heard of "face tracking."

tcdeveau

And maybe some new lenses, too.
:)

They posted a lens teaser on their instagram today:

http://instagr.am/p/CiKooIBsMsM/
We know there's a 38mm f2.5 and a 55 f.25, likely with the option to switch between a macro and "normal" operation (at least one of the lenses), as well as a means to change from AF to MF on the lens (if any of the tech from a recent patent filing makes it in).....not sure about the third one but the front element looks bigger than the others so perhaps a longer-than-55mm lens

Countin' down the hours.....