The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Headshot

Hello all.

I could use a tip on how to match the skin from the headshot photo with the rest of the head and body of the character. I'm using a well lit photo with diffuse lighting and the software recognizes the face with no problem. Initially I'm selecting a RTL character, Gabriel I believe with 4K texture.

When I import the headshot photo, using Pro, I'm selecting body type current, and clean rough on the skin type. If I select no mask then it looks really messed up on the side of the face and head.

I attempted to edit the Base Color map in Affinity Photo by selecting an area of my skin from the front of the head and then healing around the sides of the face.

This did not look very good so started over. I was thinking the skin matching was automatic but at the very least if someone can give a tip on how to match the skin that would help.

Hello all.

I could use a tip on how to match the skin from the headshot photo with the rest of the head and body of the character. I'm using a well lit photo with diffuse lighting and the software recognizes the face with no problem. Initially I'm selecting a RTL character, Gabriel I believe with 4K texture.

When I import the headshot photo, using Pro, I'm selecting body type current, and clean rough on the skin type. If I select no mask then it looks really messed up on the side of the face and head.

I attempted to edit the Base Color map in Affinity Photo by selecting an area of my skin from the front of the head and then healing around the sides of the face.

This did not look very good so started over headshot photographer. I was thinking the skin matching was automatic but at the very least if someone can give a tip on how to match the skin that would help.
thanks in advance for any help