The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hello from London, UK!

alistairsimmons

My name's Al Simmons, and I'm originally from Yorkshire in the North of England. I now live in London, and have worked for Teamwork since 2018, supporting professional and non-professional customers with Phase One, along with other equipment needs and desires! I love facilitating for a range of different photographers, and have settled into this role rather than pursuing a career as a photographer myself.

I love the community engagement here at GetDPI, and have been a member for a couple of years. It is a breath of fresh air from quick fire internet dialogue which is more common these days.

When the weekend comes around, or occasionally weeknights, I have the privilege of exploring what equipment is available for 'testing'. More often than not, I choose a Cambo Actus (personal favourite) or an XT IQ4 150MP these days, as it's undeniably phenomenal, but if it happens to be a P30+ on a Mamiya AFD III I'm equally content. I love the thoughtful approach of medium format, and don't have to think of cost (for now), so I'm spoiled in that respect.

I kick myself every now and again for not working with a more project-focussed approach, and I don't have a fixed genre for my own work, but you can see the style through my Instagram or Website.

Al

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
It is great to have you here Al and thank you for your introduction. I am looking forward to our conversations and seeing your imagery.