The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HELP fujifilms s10 focus assist is disabled !

Michiel Schierbeek

The Fuji S10 is driving me mad. I want to shoot manually with my 7Artisans 35/0.95. For some mysterious reason fujifilms S10 focus assist is disabled. I want to set it to focus peaking but can't reach anymore. Also I can't get focus magnyfication to work when turning the focus ring. BTW it is set to ON.

biglouis

Is this something to do with whether you are using electronic or mechanical shutter? I vaguely remember being surprised at some things only working with electronic or mechanical but not both on my X-T3 and X-T4 and I can't believe the firmware is that different.

Louis

Michiel Schierbeek

Is this something to do with whether you are using electronic or mechanical shutter? I vaguely remember being surprised at some things only working with electronic or mechanical but not both on my X-T3 and X-T4 and I can't believe the firmware is that different.

Louis
Thanks Louis!
I tried all three possibilitys. None of them brings the focus assist menu to life.

Michiel Schierbeek

Check in the menu for AF/MF Setting if MF mode is selected.
It was on. It is mind boggling.. It must be something I changed in the settings because 3 days ago I could still reach the Focus assist menu. I will go to the shop.

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

I did reset the menu. Focus peaking is on, focus assist magnifyer is on, but no peaking and no magnifyer when I turn the focus ring. It was like that before I lost control over focus assist.
That's why I probably lost focus assist because I tryed to many settings to get it working. Frustrating experience.

Knorp

Mmm, I’m not familiar with this lens. Does it have electrical contacts, Michiel ?
When using an all manual lens on my GFX it does give me ‘automatically’ focus peaking, but no focus magnification when I turn the focus ring. For focus magnification to work I have a button assigned.

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

I had the focus stick assigned to focus assist when pressed in the shop.
That helps. I would have preferred that it happens automaticly when the focus ring is turned on a manual lens.
Impossible to find out that possibility.