The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help With Phase one XF just acquired

rollsman44

I just purchased from a reliable member on FM. This is was Happens.
First: I formatted the CF card
Set ISO 400 1/200 and F8
Press shutter button. Camera Takes the Picture: NO Image and tried this many times: What also Happens the Capture comes on and keeps counting up to minutes. I have to Hit abort to stop it
I would have purchased my Phase one XF and IQ 160 from CI or DT but what I wanted was NOT available on their website. Then I could Have called them to ask these questions. Thank you

buildbot

The XF has a bunch of drive modes, this sounds like it was on vibration delay - it can be configured to wait forever and if you are hand holding it, it’ll never fire. Make sure the drive mode is in normal single shot mode.

rollsman44

The drive is on Single. NOT delayed. But after I take the shot the timer in seconds keeps counting upwards, PLus I never get an Image It says NO Image,

I keep getting the clock counting up into the minutes and I keep Hitting Abort to stop it and NO IMAGE was Recorded.

Last edited:

buildbot

I will double check again with Drive modes. Hi Martin, I am not sure what you are asking me,
In the menu of the IQ160, there should be at the top of the list a Camera settings menu (Maybe, - I don't recall if that switches to XF menu on the IQ1 series, it does on my IQ2) make sure it is on normal latency/normal camera I think it what Martin is saying. For the IQ260 though this does not apply at least, it'll switch to "XF mode" on power on.

buildbot

The drive is on Single. NOT delayed. But after I take the shot the timer in seconds keeps counting upwards, PLus I never get an Image It says NO Image,

I keep getting the clock counting up into the minutes and I keep Hitting Abort to stop it and NO IMAGE was Recorded.
Can you post a short video maybe? Hard to know what is happening.

MartinN

I will double check again with Drive modes. Hi Martin, I am not sure what you are asking me,
The older Phase backs have ’Latency’ settings and ’Camera type/ model’ settings that have to be configured manually, and set correctly.

Mexecutioner

Why not ask the person you bought it from? if he is a reliable member he most likely will be willing to answer your question.

There's a bit of a learning curve with the XF as it has too many options to configure. There may not be anything wrong with the camera.

rollsman44

Its happening now is the XF body is flashing DB that its not being Recognized. I tried 3 different CF cards all formatted. The One that is Recognized is the Lexar 32Gb 1066X
I believe thats the correct one( just the GB is different but the speed 1066X is the same. How sensitive is it to the wrong CF card?
When all failed I reset the Camera to default to factory. Could this have done it( the Fact that the DB is Not recognized....flashing Red)
I have waited a long time to buy this camera and Back and Now I dont know if its the DB or the XF body
I purchased the DB from MPB just 2 days ago. The XF body and lens from a guy I have done business with before and Reliable,
Which person do I turn to or maybe something I am doing wrong. Thank you everyone for trying to help me out

rollsman44

How can I attach a video to this ? Or is there an email I send send to someone that can let me know what to do next. I appreciate it

MartinN

It will sure start working eventually I think, but you need some help with the configuration settings.

Mexecutioner

I thought you got the whole kit from the FM guy.
Which person do I turn to or maybe something I am doing wrong.
I am afraid MPB won't be of much help in this case. Without another back or XF it will be tricky to figure out which one is busted. Not to take a dig at your situation, but this where buying through a dealer can prove of immense value.

Try removing the back from the camera and re-attach it again. it may not be fully coupled to the XF. Also make sure the battery doors are fully closed. If one of them does stay open and not fully latched it will complain.

rollsman44

Thank you Mexecutioner, I did all of the above. The fellow I bought the XF from called me before and faced time and tried to figure it out on the phone. He has his IQ 3 100 and that worked on the XF he sold me. He lives about 90 min from me and we will meet on Sunday and see if his back works and if it does than the IQ 160 is the problem. Then I will call MPB on Monday and return it. Then I will have to wait to buy another one( same one)
TY again for all your suggestions. Will get back once I see what the problem is
I had intentions to Buy from CI as I know Know Steve Hendrix and he has always been up front and honest with me in the past. BUT I checked their website and for my Budget they had nothing for me

drevil

Staff member
are there options to reset both the camera and DB to factory settings?
i mean the timer going up points to a long exposure being taken

anwarp

Make sure you have the latest firmware on both the back and the body. There was a firmware update for the older IQ backs after the IQ4 was released. I believe this was for some protocol enhancement that was made for the IQ4 XF combination.

buildbot

Make sure you have the latest firmware on both the back and the body. There was a firmware update for the older IQ backs after the IQ4 was released. I believe this was for some protocol enhancement that was made for the IQ4 XF combination.
It really improved FPS latency, it’s faster to shoot than any camera I own except the ultra fast setting on the hy6 (and sinar M) now.