The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hi from Tasmania

Taswegian

G'day everyone,

My name is Brendan and I am a photography newbie who is looking to take the plunge into the hobby.

I am currently shopping around for my first decent camera for mostly landscape and street photography. Suggestions under $2k would be very welcome and appreciated.

Looking forward to learning and sharing with you all

Cheers,

Brendan

Taswegian

Dr Evil living up to the name. :LOL:

If it is like my love of HiFi gear then I can understand what you are talking about. But hopefully, I can start small and be happy for a while... Hopefully...

JoelM

You can certainly find solutions for $2000. Format is a big factor but I've seen beautiful results from micro 4/3 up to tech cameras. Your solution could be full frame or less with a nice wide to normal zoom lens.

lightnmagic

G'day everyone,

My name is Brendan and I am a photography newbie who is looking to take the plunge into the hobby.

I am currently shopping around for my first decent camera for mostly landscape and street photography. Suggestions under $2k would be very welcome and appreciated.

Looking forward to learning and sharing with you all

Cheers,

Brendan
When you can make more with less...then. you can work less and have more ......all my images are from camera under 1500 or even 400.....So the notion good cams come only in higher prices only is not true .............The trick is how to extract max info from each and every pixel...And not trying to compensate ones lack of awareness level of that education with a more expensive option .....That means you are increasing your skill level on both. the hardware side the cam and how to use that + the software ...If you have that commitment then you can go with a less expensive option.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Welcome to this excellent forum. As for your $2,000 budget, it's more than sufficient, although you won't get a Phase-One for that. The gear I use for most of my work (Panasonic G9 pluss a few good lenses) costs well below $2,000 if bought second hand, which is what I mostly do. Actually, if you're lucky, you might still find a G9 brand new for less than $1,000. Check Japanese eBay sellers, but check that the camera has English language. Some models for the Japanese market only offer Japanese and can't be upgraded to English.