The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ICU for XF and two lenses

rollei8is

I looking for suitable ICU to carry the following gear.

1. XF body with prism.
2. P1 back
3. 40-80 mm lens.
4. 75-150mm lens
5. few batteries and SW 150 filter

If any of you are using a similar set up please help me with a particular model of ICU.

THX

R-----

I carry exactly that set up in a Loka with a large ICU. There’s a little bit of room left over but I don’t think that kit would fit in a medium.

beano_z

I would go for a Large Pro ICU or larger, since both your lenses are quite substantial and the SW150 filter holder with a couple of 150mm filters can be extremely cumbersome to place inside such a bag.

At the moment I use the XF (with prism as well) with the 35, 80 and 150/2.8 blue ring lenses in a XL Pro ICU and it does fit well together with the SW150 system, although I store the actual glass filters in the top compartment instead of inside the ICU.

Also something to think about, if i.e. you don't want to take the lens off the camera when storing, it might be better to into a slightly larger ICU so you have plenty of room to do the layout to accommodate for the 'complete' camera inside, if that makes sense.

Another thing I've learned is that the SW150 system is quite large by itself and often used outside of the camera bag, so perhaps also look into getting one of those external pouches (called Refern or something like that) and place the filter holder and adapter rings in there for easy access and save some space in the ICU for other stuff.

beano_z

I have not purchase one yet, I would like to get he smallest one that will fit that will fit the ICU.
R---
Another fact if this is your thinking (which was mine as well at the time): the XL Pro ICU will fit into the Lotus but you won't have any space left on the top compartment.

rollei8is

My consideration was to have the most compact package possible. Smallest ICU and smallest bag, even if I cannot carry anything above the ICU.

Regarding the SW150, it is OK with me if it hangs outside the camera bag.

If I can accommodate the lenses with body and DB, I would be happy.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

R------

algrove

I often use a Think Tank waist pouch-the largest size-for my MF overflow. Works great for changing lenses too. The Loka has been replaced with the Ajna. F-stop told me it was the same size as the Loka.