The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ4150 power on fail.need help.

JohnnyR

Guys i need help with my iq4150 Haven't used it for over a month and tonight i found it fail to power on. Literally no reaction after hitting the power button, the screen is all black. How bad could it be?anyone shared the same experience?

hasselblad 503cw

I met same issue with my old P65+ last December. I disassembled it and fail several times and finally wake it up. still don't know where is the problem.
suggest ask dealer have a look, don't do what I did. My back is too old and it is not economical for repairing. The guy told me if send it to Denmark will cost minimum £2000-2500 excl VAT.
Hope it was still with warranty.

Mexecutioner

Charge the battery to a 100%, if you have it attached to an XF put a battery in it too at 100%. Connect the back to a USB-C power supply with a USB-C cable and leave it like that overnight. Check tomorrow. If it doesn't come back I guess it will need to go to Japan for service.

JohnnyR

I met same issue with my old P65+ last December. I disassembled it and fail several times and finally wake it up. still don't know where is the problem.
suggest ask dealer have a look, don't do what I did. My back is too old and it is not economical for repairing. The guy told me if send it to Denmark will cost minimum £2000-2500 excl VAT.
Hope it was still with warranty.
No its out of warranty 3 days ago, i got this used back from an alpa dealer with 25k usd, it was working perfectly until recent 2 months i was so busy to take any photos and i didn't even wake it up to check. The local phaseone dealer suggested send back and i agreed. I'm worried for expensive cost and the build quality for this thing......

JohnnyR

Charge the battery to a 100%, if you have it attached to an XF put a battery in it too at 100%. Connect the back to a USB-C power supply with a USB-C cable and leave it like that overnight. Check tomorrow. If it doesn't come back I guess it will need to go to Japan for service.
I connected it to a usb c power supply. The indicator blinked orange and the moment you hit power button,the indicator went off and nothing ever happened, so i guess the batteries are not the problem

Mexecutioner

Leave it connected for several hours, preferably overnight and try again. It may be an issue with the back's internal battery and you can bring it back to life this way.

Steve Hendrix

No its out of warranty 3 days ago, i got this used back from an alpa dealer with 25k usd, it was working perfectly until recent 2 months i was so busy to take any photos and i didn't even wake it up to check. The local phaseone dealer suggested send back and i agreed. I'm worried for expensive cost and the build quality for this thing......

Sorry you're having to go through this. I don't know about the "Alpa dealer" you purchased from, but if an IQ4 150 had an issue 3 days after the manufacturer warranty, any Phase One dealer worth their salt would have no problem getting any issue covered under warranty.

Steve Hendrix/CI

JohnnyR

Sorry you're having to go through this. I don't know about the "Alpa dealer" you purchased from, but if an IQ4 150 had an issue 3 days after the manufacturer warranty, any Phase One dealer worth their salt would have no problem getting any issue covered under warranty.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Thank you Steve. I didn't purchase this back from official dealer. I bought it from the official Alpa dealer in China along with some brand new alpa stuffs and the back is second hand with warranty up to 2/20/2024. Since the guy is a well-known alpa dealer so i trusted him. But now i am only informed to send the iq4 to local phaseone dealer for check.Neither the alpa guy nor the phaseone dealer has guaranteed anything. I'm a bit upset since ive only shot less then 20 pics in the last 6 months since my purchase.

JohnnyR

Did you check or clean the battery contacts on both the batteries and inside the DB?
Yes i did. I exclude this possibility cos when i connect usb c cable to the back, the indicator blinks orange(manual says orange means charging), then i pull out the battery and indicator turns red, meaning the back is reacting to the battery disconnect. So maybe the pin dots are not rusted?

ThdeDude

Perhaps a stupid question, would the IQ4 work without battery inserted but connected to a UBS-C power source?

Many devices operate in 2 modes – USB powered and batteries powered mode.