The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

is there a cheap macro for GFX for reproduction - around 50mm?

ed_f

I have a pentax645 macro 120/4 which is cheap and good for 35mm + MF. and I have a pentax645 standard 55, but that does not seem very good for reproducing 8/10''-negs, for which the 120mm is too long for my copy-stand. do you know about a cheap manual macro lens about 50mm?

would it be a good idea + produce better results to use this with the 55mm?

Last edited:

pigtango

There’s the Mamiya 645 80mm f4 macro. It goes to 1:2. There’s a dedicated tube for it that will bring it to 1:1, or possibly higher magnification. It’s a film era lens but does well on digital too. It’s not 50mm though…

Last edited:

ed_f

could someone calculate the distance needed for this 80mm lens and 8/10''-neg? I am SO bad with maths ...

and what about reversing the 55lens with the tool in the link? would that improve sharpness in corners?