The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

KIPON Mamiya645-S/E ES 0.7x Adapter

AndyPtak

I'm considering getting one of the subject adapters so I can use my Phase Blue Ring on my FF Sony gear. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with them? They cost almost $1300 so I'm trying to do my homework before I make a decision. Does it maintain image quality is my big question. Thanks.

buildbot

I'm considering getting one of the subject adapters so I can use my Phase Blue Ring on my FF Sony gear. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with them? They cost almost $1300 so I'm trying to do my homework before I make a decision. Does it maintain image quality is my big question. Thanks.
I’d make sure the blue ring lenses even work in that, the version for the silver rings may not be fully compatible.

AndyPtak

You make a good point. Hadn't even thought of that. I've found it difficult to get correct information about using Blue Rings on anything other than a Phase XF. Even people who I think should know have given me contrary information. I think that Phase must not be very cooperative when it comes to sharing such information, because this wasn't their orininal intended purpose. I'm not sure that even the adapter manufacturers have the detailed information on compatibility that they should - "should" isn't good enough. I need a yes, no answer in order to spend this kind of money.