The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LomoGraflok 4×5 Instant Back

darr

The LomoGraflok 4×5 Instant Back Lets You Use Fuji Instax Film on Large Format Cameras

https://petapixel.com/2020/09/02/th...use-fuji-instax-film-on-large-format-cameras/

Currently pre-ordering is discounted to $134 with free shipping in US. They avoided a Kickstarter campaign and placed ordering through the Lomography website: https://shop.lomography.com/en/lomo-graflok-instant-back?

I placed an order and read delivery is expected in April 2021.

I enjoy shooting my 4x5 cameras and even tho my absolute favorite film, Polaroid 55 P/N has long left the manufacturing line, this will be fun. I do have a custom Graflok Polaroid 600 back from Mercury Camera Works I have used on my 4x5 in the past with Polaroid film but find after shooting with a Fuji Instax camera, I prefer the Fuji instant film over Polaroid.

Hope this is helpful to those that still enjoy the thought of shooting instant film with their 4x5.

Kind regards,
Darr

JoelM

Ha, Polaroid 55 P/N, hadn't thought of that film in ages. Back in my research days, I would use it on the SEM and clear immediately with sodium sulfite solution. The negatives were amazingly detailed and sharp. I suppose all SEMs are digitized now so that must be a big just in quality. Funny though, the film allowed for some very accurate and precise measurements well into the micrometer range measuring on the positives.

My old avatar was a Polaroid 55 P/N shot that I took while fooling around with a tiny critter I found on my tiny dog.

Joel

f6cvalkyrie

Looks interesting, but I couldn't find info about the actual dimensions of the picture ?
Anyone ?

C U,
Rafael

dave.gt

Well, I like that Instax idea and I am hoping one day to give 4x5 a test drive. It is just one of those experiences that shouldn't be missed, right?

darr

Well, I like that Instax idea and I am hoping one day to give 4x5 a test drive. It is just one of those experiences that shouldn't be missed, right?
It's just a bigger camera, Dave.
Slows ya down, but some of us enjoy that.

I like having a folder for landscapes and my old Sinar Norma in the studio.
The Norma is sentimental to me like an old 500C, just as shiny and sweet.

Hope you are doing well,
Darr

pegelli

There was a very similar post from another "new" member yesterday somewhere else. I also reported it and got removed by the mods.
The same thing will happen here. Once you report it they take care of it (and probably also ban the "new" member as well).
Hopefully one day they will find out it doesn't work here and move on to another forum.

dave.gt

There was a very similar post from another "new" member yesterday somewhere else. I also reported it and got removed by the mods.
The same thing will happen here. Once you report it they take care of it (and probably also ban the "new" member as well).
Hopefully one day they will find out it doesn't work here and move on to another forum.
Well, it is still here. Why?

dave.gt

Ha! It now shows "Deleted Member" but the long spam post remains...

Because, well, it is 2020. :(