The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for a Panoramic setup that has "click stops" on both vertical and horizontal axis? Does one exist?

Am looking to try some Large Format BokehRama (aka Brenizer) portrais but I don't love the idea of shooting a crazy amount of shots and hoping for the best. Was hoping to approach with a tripod and Pano head method and was thinking a head with "click stops" would be ideal, as it would mean I do not have to look down at the head each time...

Hopefully, would be a somewhat intuitive feel, if that is even possible with this technique :)

Most Panoramic heads that I have looked at only have click stops on the bottom panning base and not the top vertical panning head. Is there one out there that does this?

Or would it be a matter of Macgyvering one out of two panning heads?

Thanks!

anwarp

I haven’t seen anything like this, but you should be able to put one together with 2 heads and an L bracket for a camera.
The lower head should be set up for a level horizontal pan.

Another option might be a screw driven leveller on top of a level horizontal click stop panning base. You could count the number of turns needed to move vertically.

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated!

The Roundshot looks amazing but waaay out of my budget for what I am looking to play around with.. ;)

Think I have found one that is more in budget..

Apparently it has click stops on both axis (and is within budget).

Thanks for your help! :)

Ben730