The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Making Cooke lenses

Lars

Interesting illustrated article about lensmaking. Cooke makes high-end cine lenses for the movie industry. A few years ago they also went back to their roots and made a small run of large format lenses. I have a Cooke XVa Triple Convertible that I use on 8x10, it was produced in two production runs of 60 lenses each during 2004 and 2005.

http://www.fdtimes.com/articles/cooke/Cooke Book6_Web150dpi.pdf

O

Oxide Blu

Great article, lots of great pix. Thanks for posting that, Lars.

I've been pricing that last Cooke 4x5 soft focus lens -- still can be had for a mere $4000.00.

Lars

Interesting, I've been curious about what I would get for my XVa. Haven't seen any of them on Ebay over the last two years but maybe that's not the proper channel. But the PS945 soft focus lens could be an indication.

Jan - yes a 4x5 triple convertible would be sweet! Scaled down 50% it would be 155/237/322 mm - just add a wideangle or two and you're set.