The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya / Phase One Lens Quality

O

Optechs Digital

Re: Mamiya / Phase One Lenses

Can anyone comment on the fact that Phase One lenses come with 3 year warranty but the same apparent lenses from Mamiya only seem to have a 1 year warranty?

Given that all the pricing I've seen is identical ( discounting any anecdotal info about QC differences) it would make buying Phase One branded new lenses a no-brainer.

Am I missing something obvious here?
Hi Graham,

Mamiya has just recently updated their warranty policy to three years as well on these lenses. At least this is true for USA product imported through the MAC group.

Best Regards,
Paul

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks Paul. I certainly couldn't see any logic in this being different between the two brands, especially subsequent to our chat yesterday too.

It certainly seems that this hasn't rippled down to the large Mamiya retailers and their sites yet though.