The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

biglouis

What's it with that GBRf locomotive, Louis ?

TIA
Class 66 Diesel locomotive, noisy and dirty but OMG when one passes it makes your rib cage resonate with the sheer power of the unit. All built in London, Ontario, Canada according to Wiki although many of the Class 66s have been bought and sold to/from continental railway companies. To paraphrase, they take a lickin' and keep on tickin' which I guess makes them popular with rail operators.

I was actually incredibly impressed that on C-AF with continuous drive the 50R actually delivered some decent results, with of course an unreal level of detail compared to what I normally shoot with which is my Ricoh GRIII - because I can push it through the bars of security fences to take photographs of trains (unlike the 50R!).

I hope that wasn't 'too much information.' :)

biglouis

HEAVILY PREGNANT AND A SURVIVOR - 50R+45-100/4
Alpha Fox is either close to giving birth, or has given birth and is now able to leave the cubs for a short while to feed. She looks quite scruffy, which is how she was last year at this time and just in case we are lacing her food with a mange medication which wont harm her cubs.
It still amazes me that despite being largely absent since August of last year she can roll up and is quite comfortable with being near both my wife and I.

_GSF1398.jpg

biglouis

Today I had some work on a project to do on the South Bank of the Thames in London. First time this year I have used the GFX50R+30/3.5+45-100 for a project. A surprisingly lightweight combination, believe it or not. I otherwise would have taken my X-H1, 10-24, 18-55 and 55-200 but combination of focal lengths and the ability to crop means I can get away with just those two GF lenses and not feel I've missed anything. There was one property where I might go back and shoot exterior architectural detail with the XF55-200 but if it never happens even at 100% and 'up-resed' I've got what I need with the 50R+45-100.

Here are some tranquil views of the Thames - the lack of pleasure craft is a bonus at present. All shot with the GF45-100 which is fulfilling its promise as a very useful lens with superb sharpness, if a tad lower in contrast but that is something I can always beef up in post (or it could just have been the light today).

_GSF1415-Edit.jpg

_GSF1437.jpg

_GSF1550.jpg

Last edited:

biglouis

DOULTON CHINA WORKS, LAMBETH, LONDON: A GOTHIC REVIVAL SPLENDOUR
Out and about today capturing images for my next project. I just love working with the 50R+30/3.5. A stunningly sharp lens. Or is it the sensor? Or is it both?
I decided to share the beauty by including a link to the full sized jpeg (27mb so watch out!).
iso800 30mm f16 1/60 ->LR->perspective correction->autoadjust levels-->cloned out a horrible lamppost->TopazDenoiseAI->export full sized jpeg.
_GSF1730-Edit-Edit.jpg

biglouis

Waagdragerhof, Amsterdam NL ...

| gfx-100s | gf23/4.0 | iso 200 | f/8.0 | 1/20s |

| gfx-100s | gf23/4.0 | iso 800 | f/16 | 1/17s |
Lovely captures. Detail is fantastic. The photos have the luminous look of a Leica DRF on steroids which is why I liked both the 50S and my current 50R.

Given the shutter speed were the handheld or tripod? At Dpreview Chris Nichols was suggesting 1 over focal length for slowest handheld shots with IBIS.

Any chance you can post some full sized files somewhere for us to review?

LouisB

Knorp

Thanks Bart, congratulations on your new camera.
How do you assess it relative to your 50S?
Hi there K-H,

Better In terms of size/compactness and for having IBIS, but not sure I like its huge files and particularly its haptics: I now realise how much I liked the dials of the 50s.
Not really missing the tilting EVF though, I hardly used it anyway- so that's fine.
And I found no need for that ackward handgrip as it blocks access to the battery compartment. In fact the camera is comfortable to hold as it is.

Best regards.

k-hawinkler

Hi there K-H,

Better In terms of size/compactness and for having IBIS, but not sure I like its huge files and particularly its haptics: I now realise how much I liked the dials of the 50s.
Not really missing the tilting EVF though, I hardly used it anyway- so that's fine.
And I found no need for that ackward handgrip as it blocks access to the battery compartment. In fact the camera is comfortable to hold as it is.

Best regards.
Thanks Bart. Enjoy your new tool.
It seems an excellent fit for your city- and landscape images.
As you know a couple of your images convinced me to get into the Fuji GFX system.
An additional reason was the prospect of a future 100 MP GFX camera.
The 50S I had intended as a learning experience of the Fuji ways.
Their GF lenses are simply stunning in performance.
The more I have used the 50S the more I am liking its image output and haptics.
So I will stick with it for the time being. Noregrets.

For bird and wildlife photography Sony cameras are a better fit for me.
Once Sony fixes the birthing problem of their A1 I will order one.
Then I will have two 50 MP cameras to enjoy. :)