The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Lightroom Classic Updates

scho

OMG! I was blown away when I started up the latest update to LR Classic on my Mac Mini M1. It is now unleashed and running all tasks at super fast speed. We also now get Apple's Super Resolution (Enhance) in the develop module (4 sec to generate an AI 4x enlargement). I am so glad that I did the M1 update for my Mini.

KC_2020

OMG! I was blown away..... I am so glad that I did the M1 update for my Mini.
It is impressive. The new 24" iMac, iPad Pro, MB Air, MB Pro and Mini all have the same performance.

Do I assume 16GB RAM?
But you actually would be fine with 8GB of Unified RAM. I've been running one since they were introduced, 8GB of RAM and it never caches files to the drive or runs out. The way the M1 manages it and the much shorter path it takes to process means the old norms for RAM no longer apply. It's worth your time to read a good review of the new Mini M1.

algrove

I process IQ4150 files with C1 and PS running simultaneously and old norms aside, I would not want to make a mistake with a new computer.

KC_2020

I process IQ4150 files with C1 and PS running simultaneously and old norms aside, I would not want to make a mistake with a new computer.
Well you're in luck because C1 was just updated and now runs native on Apple silicon.

Apple is expected to release an updated version of the M1 with more cores and more RAM before the end of Summer.