The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

New member in Arizona

Geographer

Hello, I’m Rick Baran.

I've been taking photographs since the ‘70s. I started with an Olympus OM-1. In college I acquired a Mamiya M645 for making and selling high-quality business cards. Later as a sailor I discovered digital photography with a Konica Q Mini. I eventually upgraded to an Olympus EVolt E300. A few months ago I dusted off the Mamiya after reading an article about retrofitting a digital back onto it. The camera needed some work, but I couldn’t find anyone still working on them. SO...I did absolutely the wrong thing and started purchasing used Hasselblad 31 piece from EBay! I now have pieces to make a complete H3Dii coming in the mail. As long as they all recognize each other, I should be taking photographs with "FrankenBlad" next week.
For film I still use the Olympus OM-4 I purchased while in the Navy. I love nature photography and astrophotography, but never really liked using 35mm for those two branches. I'm hoping that with this(lighter-weight than the Mamiya "tank") Hasselblad system I'll be able to do some nice work. For 'daily' snapshots(like the RoadRunner I saw in the backyard this morning) I'll keep using the EVolt. Once I'm feeling better about my digital work I'll set up a website to post my photographs.
Thanks for reading!

Rick
USN, retired.