The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 600PF previews and discussion.

jduncan

Hi,
A new innovative telephoto lens from Nikon. It seems to focus fast, it's light and weather-sealed. The price is a little bit high.

A preview by Steve Perry:

Best regards,

jduncan

Hi,
A new innovative telephoto lens from Nikon. It seems to focus fast, it's light and weather-sealed. The price is a little bit high.

A preview by Steve Perry:

Best regards,
Hi,
I forgot to say that for an enthusiastic bird (daytime) photographer the combination of the 300mm f4.0 pf, the new 600mm pf, and a couple of z8 could be a compelling combo.
Not so much for people who find themselves taking pictures of bears at dusk and dawn when any ounce of light counts.
Still, for most, the 180-600mm is a better option.

I hope Nikon focuses next on other ranges: A 24-70mm f2.0 for example and low-cost lenses like Canon and Sony have (in the line of the 40mm f2.0, a 75mm f2.0 comes to mind) now that Nikon has a Camera with modern AF below $4000. I would love to be able to suggest a Nikon alternative to people starting their careers.

Best regards,