The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NS: Dark Times

KeithL

I'll post a few images from my 'Dark Times' series here - given they do seem to divide opinion.

Much of my work celebrates light, colour and life. ‘Dark Times’ deviates towards the dark, the monochromatic and mortality. The series includes motifs concerning beauty, impermanence, decay, mortality and religious doctrine, The work is being shot during the Covid-19 pandemic here in the UK and the series continues with the uncertainty of what is still to come....

I do accept that there are those who may find the images disturbing or challenging. I care deeply and passionately about animal welfare and actively support the cause. Virtually all of the subjects are habitat, barn and house finds. No lives are harmed in the making of these images, including my own.

Ascension

The Eternal Sleep

Fallen Angel

Last edited:

Swissblad

I'll post a few images from my 'Dark Times' series here - given they do seem to divide opinion.

Much of my work celebrates light, colour and life. ‘Dark Times’ deviates towards the dark, the monochromatic and mortality. The series includes motifs concerning beauty, impermanence, decay, mortality and religious doctrine, The work is being shot during the Covid-19 pandemic here in the UK and the series continues with the uncertainty of what is still to come....

I do accept that there are those who may find the images disturbing or challenging. I care deeply and passionately about animal welfare and actively support the cause. Virtually all of the subjects are habitat, barn and house finds. No lives are harmed in the making of these images, including my own.

Ascension

The Eternal Sleep

Fallen Angel
Thank you for continuing with this project - disturbing - definitely - difficult to "like" - absolutely - and yet each image is fascinating in its own right - be it the subject - your flawless technical skill - but especially the care and deliberation with which each subject is approached.

pegelli

@KeithL , nice photo's and I think they way you execute them (both composition and technical excellence) you show respect to these dead creatures, so for me they are perfectly OK.

scho

Ascension

The Eternal Sleep

Fallen Angel
These images remind me so much of the tragic Midway Atoll Albatross story. https://www.albatrossthefilm.com/