The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One 35 mm I 3.5 Blue Ring Lens

J.A.Davis

This lens is for sale at a price of: $3,500

Warm greetings.

I have owned this Phase One 35 mm 3.5 lens for about 14 months. The lens is in superb condition. There are no known functional or aesthetic imperfections for the lens. In the spirit of transparency, the metal lens hood has several very small paint chips near the edges (see detail in attached images).

My photography experience has been highly limited during the time period since I purchased this lens - I was primarily working in another professional field. When I was able to engage with landscape and other exploration, I tended to shoot with mid to longer focus lenses and my Phase One XF body.

I recently purchased a used ALPA technical camera to use with my IQ3 100 Trichromatic Phase One digital back - a major change in my equipment profile. This used system included a wide angle lens and several other longer focal length lenses. Thus, the opportunity to find a new home for this wonderful wide angle lens evolved.

I have not sold equipment on GetDPI. I did purchase a full used hase One system some time ago from a GetDPI member.

To provide further background and credibility, the serial number for this 35 mm lens is: RC001465

My EBay ID is: J.A.Davis. There is very positive feedback on this site that may be helpful if you are a prospective buyer.

I can also connect a representative at Capture Integration to verify my purchase of the used Alpa system.

In addition, I can provide my photography website url and other references if it's useful.

Please feel free to write me a private message if you are interested in purchase or have any questions. I can be reached at 415-694-2526. I am based in San Francisco.

Here's a summary of the Phase One standard description of the lens:

Schneider Kreuznach 35mm LS f/3.5

The Schneider Kreuznach 35mm LS lens is designed for ultimate quality wide angle imaging on medium format 645 format.
•This is a true architectural quality lens, challenged only by dedicated technical camera lenses.
•The professional choice for wide-angle, providing quality in both flash and daylight shooting.
- Tack sharp wide-angle lens
- Full frame edge-to-edge sharpness
- Minimum optical distortion
- Flash synchronization up to 1/1600th
- Schneider Kreuznach “Blue Ring” design

Specifications
  • Optical Construction 11 elements, 8 groups
  • Angle of view 89°
  • Aperture range f/3.5 - f/32
  • Diaphragm Automatic
  • Focusing System Auto Focus / Manual
  • Minimum Focusing Distance0.5m / 1.64 ft