The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One file management workflow recommendations help please

Greg Haag

Thank you Steve, I will look at Brads article as well. I think I am going to try to use C1 exclusively in 2021 as my file management and processing solution and see how it goes.

I’ve been using C1 exclusively for the last 2 years (prior to that I was using a combination of C1 and LR). I use sessions exclusively although I’ve been toying with the idea of using catalogs in addition to sessions. I organize the sessions by year and then by subject (so for example, 2020 —> Oregon Coast). All of my editing is done in C1 and Photoshop.

I’ve been toying with the idea of creating multiple catalogs into which I would then import the sessions (so for example, I would have a 2020 catalog which would contain all of my 2020 sessions or I would have a catalog of my sessions from a certain location).

Hope this helps!

Greg Haag

I’ve been using C1 exclusively for the last 2 years (prior to that I was using a combination of C1 and LR). I use sessions exclusively although I’ve been toying with the idea of using catalogs in addition to sessions. I organize the sessions by year and then by subject (so for example, 2020 —> Oregon Coast). All of my editing is done in C1 and Photoshop.

I’ve been toying with the idea of creating multiple catalogs into which I would then import the sessions (so for example, I would have a 2020 catalog which would contain all of my 2020 sessions or I would have a catalog of my sessions from a certain location).

Hope this helps!
It does Jacob, thanks for sharing!