The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One XT

Paul Spinnler

It is a great camera and phase should think of doing an XL version and also enable tilt panels with electronic communication. 12mm one direction does not do thr 90mm justice!

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Well, my XT arrived with the 32mm a couple of days ago. The weather has been very unfriendly for photography, blank grey skies and drizzle, but of course I had to go out and test it.
Here are some initial comments.
LIKES.
The compactness and quality of the build.
The ease of shifting and the detents.
The rotation for vertical shooting - what a breeze.
The fact that I can shoot wide and not have trees leaning inwards, thanks to the vertical shift.
The ability to turn on Live View with the shutter button.
And most of all, the exceptional resolution of the lens.
DISLIKES.
After the bright viewfinder of the XF, the live view is harder for composing. Although I use LV extensively on the XF for focus and exposure, I tend to compose through the VF. This will take some practice. I do have the DT hood which is quite helpful.

I shall get the 70 mm and see what the unannounced telephoto will be. I hope for something in the 140-180 mm range.

Here is my first shot - XT/150/32mm with Dual Exposure+ and 9.5mm of upward shift.P0004884.jpg

goodwin

I am thinking of getting the ACTUS-DB2 VIEW CAMERA and add my IQ4 150mp and get the 32mm X-Shutter lens. Thinking that I would give me some swings and tilts that the XT won't. I am not sure but I don't think I would loose any features in not having the XT body. Just have to use a cable between the back and the X-shutter lens.
Anyone have experience with this combination.

Mexecutioner

Those lenses are not shipping yet so I think it is going to be hard for someone to weigh in on this combo at the moment.

lookbook

.. I think the XT is beautiful, but its possibilities are very limited.

Alpa owners should wait a while before changing ..

"10.2020 - Phase One has announced the introduction of the X-Shutter. This new type of electromagnetic central shutter enables considerably extended shutter speeds from 1/1000 of a second to 60 seconds. It can be used with the most important digital lenses and replaces a Copal shutter of the size 0. A Phase One IQ4 digital back is essential for operating the X-Shutter.

ALPA will offer its ALPAGON / ALPAR lens series as a variant in the X shutter as soon as these are generally available and the entire original equipment process is robust and tested. At the same time, ALPA will then offer lens conversions to X-Shutter. Please note that for technical reasons these closures cannot be purchased separately.

As soon as possible, ALPA will publish a revised list of the existing ALPAGON, ALPAR, HELVETAR, SWITAR lenses that are suitable for the conversion. We'll also let you know the prices and the full schedule later.
We are extremely pleased to be able to offer you another future-oriented and powerful photographic solution with the X-Shutter.

PS: The current ALPAGON / ALPAR lens line will of course still be available as a shutter-free aperture body version for electronic shutter and ALPA 12 FPS. "

Maybe the movements are much better here.