The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PhaseOne IQ180 advice

andrearch

Hi everyone, I'm considering replacing my Hasselbald CFV II 50c (907x) back with a PhaseOne IQ180 back. I already know about the difficulties and poor quality of the Livewiev compared to the CMOS sensor of my current back. But the fullframe medium format sensor attracts me... what do you think? (maybe I could keep both backs if it's worth it)
Give me your thoughts thank you all

UlbabrabB

I have a CFV50C II as well as a IQ360 (and a IQ260 achro), and they all serve to different purposes. The CCD IQs are a slower in operation and require a ground glass for precise framing, unless you stitch and crop later. But the colour rendering of the CCD sensor is worth the hassle imho.

Since I’m pretty sure you live close to me feel free to ping me and I can make you try the IQ ;)

Olin555

My IQ is 280 according to the first phase system. This is a fantastic back in my opinion. Comparing it to the Hasselblad X1D2 that I have, it's a completely different challenge. Each of them is very good for their tasks. I usually use the IQ280 for landscapes.

Abstraction

I have a CFV50C II as well as a IQ360 (and a IQ260 achro), and they all serve to different purposes. The CCD IQs are a slower in operation and require a ground glass for precise framing, unless you stitch and crop later. But the colour rendering of the CCD sensor is worth the hassle imho.

Since I’m pretty sure you live close to me feel free to ping me and I can make you try the IQ ;)
Is IQ360 a CMOS back?