The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pixii Pics

scho

Any initial impressions regarding this upgrade, Carl ?
Mostly positive so far. Rangefinder is easier to focus with brighter patch and higher contrast, particularly for 50+ lenses. I still am not comfortable with the tactile response of the shutter release button. Need some audible response to confirm shutter release. I am never certain that I actually made the shot and will try several times to make sure.

Knorp

Mostly positive so far. Rangefinder is easier to focus with brighter patch and higher contrast, particularly for 50+ lenses. I still am not comfortable with the tactile response of the shutter release button. Need some audible response to confirm shutter release. I am never certain that I actually made the shot and will try several times to make sure.
From the user manual:

CAPTURING IMAGES
Press the shutter button fully.
The camera will produce a discrete sound
to confirm the image capture.
Photos are immediately saved in the camera
memory

But how discrete is discrete ? Unaudible ?

Godfrey

If I remember the one I tested, the shutter release sound is a very quiet beep. I could barely hear it outdoors.

G

scho

If there is absolute ambient silence I might hear a very slight sound, but most of the time I hear nothing and do not feel any indication in my shutter finger either. That is the problem with cameras lacking a mechanical shutter.

I have to admit that at age 86 I do have difficulty hearing subtle sounds, especially at high frequencies so perhaps not an issue for younger folks.

Last edited:

Knorp

Carl, did you contact PIXII about this ? If not hardwired, perhaps the sound level can be made adjustable by firmware.
From 'another' source:

CAPTURING IMAGES
Press the shutter button fully.
The camera will emit a discrete sound to confirm the image capture.
The frame lines will also fade out briefly to provide additional visual confirmation (useful in noisy situations).
Photos are immediately saved in the camera memory.

scho

Thanks Bart. The frame line "blink" is useful outdoors where I really can't hear the faint beep. Unfortunately, yesterday when I was using the Leica 24mm there is no frame line in the viewfinder. I will contact David at Pixii and see if they can increase volume of the shutter beep or perhaps flash one of the viewfinder LEDs (there are three near the bottom of the frame) that are used for indicating exposure (under arrow pointing left, over arrow pointing right, and center dot for correct exposure.