The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PLEASE HELP! GFX 100S 2 days in rain.

tsjanik

Glad to hear the good news. Lovely image. I did notice during my visit to Beach Haven that the old structures are being replaced by condos and McMansions. It happens everywhere it seems, my childhood towns in coastal California are unrecognizable to me now. Should I visit again I will send you a message.

gurtch

Yes the little beach cottages are disappearing. Way back when it was a hunting and fishing destination.
Dave

Godfrey

My recommendation/suggestion would be to send it ASAP to the nearest Fuji repair center. Or at least ask them for their recommendation/suggestion.

Maybe still covered under warranty or repaired under goodwill since advertised (?) as water resistant or water sealed.
That's what I'd do. You're in luck as rain water is not full of corrosive salts, but if there's some water in there, it's best to get it opened up and cleaned out as quickly as possible.

BTW: Many/most electronics can survive a dousing and dunking in rain water without problems, even operate perfectly while still wet. Flipping the power on may actually help, by heating up the circuitry and little it evaporate the water more quickly rather than letting a little bit of water to sit there, hoping for silica gel to draw it out, and slowly allow oxidation to occur.

Getting in touch with Fuji service is the first thing I'd do ... get their recommendation, cost of a service and cleaning, etc. Having to have a camera and lens serviced, particularly an expensive camera like a GFX, may cost a little but isn't the end of the world .. or the camera. ;)

G