The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Resolution between digital and analog photographic Pictures

anwarp

I recently had a rude awakening that drives physically fail, too. No system will help there unless you are willing to go to extremes.
Using a setup like a zfs based system is indeed complicated for most people.

I would suggest a cloud backup solution like https://backblaxe.com with automatic unlimited backup as insurance against catastrophic failure. It can also help guard against human error.

TimoK

If you are using a recent Linux kernel, yes.
Quite new, kernel 6.1.
I read a little of ZFS and it seems I have to install kernel modules and something else I don't know what to manage zfs settings.

You'd need to also use: zfs set copies=2 <dataset> in order to make sure a single drive can recover from a corrupt block using the extra copy.
That is what I was thinking, how to recover corrupted files if you have only one disk. Naturally, you need two copies of a file at the same drive.
The question now is, where I can make that setting? I read there's no configuration file for zfs.

I think I have to learn more.

FloatingLens

Yes. However, please make sure to read the man page before proceeding. In my case, I am using mirrored volumes to implement data redundancy.

Abstraction

Here's an image I duplicated with my 20mp camera from a K64 slide and another image from the same 20mp camera (non-dupe) Both are 100% crops