The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD - Phase One IQ4-150

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Black

Selling the last of piece of my medium format gear. The IQ4-150 works great and has been problem free. The kit includes -

• Phase One IQ4-150 - Value Added Warranty to July 8, 2024
• Hahnel Cube Charger with power supply, world adapters and car cigarette lighter adapter
• (4) Phase One 3400 mAh batteries
• Ethernet Cable
• USB Cable
• HDMI Cable
• 12 Pin Sync Cable - Short
• 12 Pin Sync Cable - Long
• Flash Sync Cable
• Phase One Roller Case with soft side storage bags, dividers, velcro labels and sunshield for laptop

$17,500 shipped and PayPal’d in the US; US sale only.

Attachments

Last edited:

ThdeDude

What, already sold!

$17,500 - seems a fair price for both seller and buyer according to my current understanding of market value.

Last edited:

4x5Australian

What, already sold!

$17,500 - seems a fair price for both seller and buyer according to my current understanding of market value.
Disclaimer: I own an IQ4.

That sell price is 40% of the new price quoted by my local country distributor in March 2022, almost 12 months ago.

I'm unsurprised the item sold so quickly. It was a total bargain.

The fact that the item sold within a few hours (or was it within 20 minutes?) is a good indication that the sell price was well below market value.

ThdeDude

Disclaimer: I own an IQ4.

That sell price is 40% of the new price quoted by my local country distributor in March 2022, almost 12 months ago.

I'm unsurprised the item sold so quickly. It was a total bargain.

The fact that the item sold within a few hours (or was it within 20 minutes?) is a good indication that the sell price was well below market value.
Disclaimer: My IQ3-100 is currently offered for sale, and I am looking for a used IQ4-150 :cool:

Having spent some time looking here and eBay, there seems to be a general consensus that a used IQ3-100 hovers around $9K and a used IQ4-150 hovers around $18K. Having said that, no takers or serious counteroffer yet for my IQ3-100 (asking $8888.-)

A HB CFV-100c is supposedly on its way. Might give IQ3-100 and IQ4-150 another slight push downward.

Maxx9photo

@ThdeDude, It’s been a long month since I’ve patiently wait if I can get deal on IQ4. I was seriously considering your IQ3 and other here (Will’s) but my ego keep telling me and all the inputs and feedbacks I got to get IQ4 instead.

4x5Australian

@ThdeDude, It’s been a long month since I’ve patiently wait if I can get deal on IQ4. I was seriously considering your IQ3 and other here (Will’s) but my ego keep telling me and all the inputs and feedbacks I got to get IQ4 instead.
Congratulations! You recognised a bargain and jumped on it.

It's not only the extra megapixels, but the BSI technology and its benefits that make the IQ4 such an advance.

And, just for the record, the used IQ4 listed here sold within 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Paul Spinnler

Market price is 22500ish, this is an outlier. These things happen usually when you are in a downmarket with a a) forced seller needing liquidity (bills, medical emergency) fast or b) lack of market know-how. If you factor in a weak USD this is even less in EUR ... basically a 138 in x-shutter costs more than a 45k retail back used.

It can also be of course that from a seller's perspective the equation is different especially if you have a business owner who was written off the item fully (typically after 3-4 years in most jurisdictions) and has tax incentives to acquire new gear or if there are some other aspects you don't know about like another big opportunity deal (closing a real estate deal) with a manufacturer, etc.

Still, money was left on the table here trading for speed of execution. If you need money fast, sell low, if you can wait, sell high.

Time to for P1 to get their act together and release an IQ5 and offer a cool 25k trade-in value for their current IQ4 owners to protect a bit of value.

Even if you sell without discounts if technology marches on your products lose value even with the most premium of distribution strategies and positioning if you put 0 into innovation.

They could update the SoC, add a tiny bit of DR, add video, new I/O with better battery efficiency, bluetooth low energy triggering, etc. ...

Last edited:

tcdeveau

There was another that sold for ~18k fairly recently on the forum. At least one other sold on eBay US in the last month or two for 20k OBO. I just saw an ad for a dealer CPO at 23k and generally private sales are lower than dealer sales for a variety of reasons.

Congrats to both the buyer and seller here.

Paul Spinnler

The last one I saw here was 22500 which sold locally in Switzerland ... the USD is very weak atm. 17500 USD is 16300 EUR which is a bit more than 35% of retail. This is crazy low and a sign of a downmarket combined with lack of innovation from P1 coupled with high lens prices as Rodenstock just made a double digit net price increase of its products ... it becomes kind of weird when the lenses with x shutter almost cost as much as the flagship sensor and/or is intertwined as it prices out so many that no one goes P1 anymore

The lens topic is almost a bigger problem as even if you manage to acquire a back the costs to play the high end game with just say a 32 X, 50 X and 90 X approaches 30-40k just for the lenses.

Last edited:

ThdeDude

If I could upgrade from IQ3-100 to IQ4-150 for $10K I would. (Actually, this is what I am trying by selling my IQ3-100.)

I think you made the most sensible choice going for the IQ4 - unless your setup would have worked equally well with the upcoming HB CFV-100c. Then it may have made sense to wait.

ThdeDude

My IQ3 100MP (offered @ 8500usd at the moment) will remain sitting on me desk on a pile of papers 🤣
IQ3-100 with its very usable "live-view" for focussing and composition and its electronic shutter should be an obvious and highly desirable upgrade over any older DBs. I wonder how low we have to go to move our IQ3-100!

Maxx9photo

IQ3-100 with its very usable "live-view" for focussing and composition and its electronic shutter should be an obvious and highly desirable upgrade over any older DBs. I wonder how low we have to go to move our IQ3-100!
It'd be hard to predict, many hobbyists or enthusiasts with good amount pocket size prefer working with Fuji or Hasselblad cropped MF due to availability and lenses interchangeable.
Only small amounts willing to go back with 6-7 years old technology (Includes me HAHA).
That said, the depreciation value of a camera would take a toll once new model is released (most likely by a third).
IQ4 has been in the market for 4 years with no indication of the replacement as I’d say this DB is already on pace even with current technology. Yes there’ll be room for improvements but many has already considered for what’s offered it’s sufficiently fulfilled.

Last edited:

ThdeDude

It'd be hard to predict, many hobbyists or enthusiasts with good amount pocket size prefer working with Fuji or Hasselblad cropped MF due to availability and lenses interchangeable.
I agree. That's why I wrote, "upgrade over any older DBs".

For newcomers to the technical camera field, the upcoming HB CFV-100c could be a very attractive choice. I would go too with the CFV-100c but I like the 24mm, 40mm and 65mm (35mm equivalent focal length) of my three lightweight Digaron-S lenses (35mm, 60mm, and 100mm) on the 645 type format.

Maxx9photo

Yes, when they do release the CFV 100 which I'm sure it's a matter of time now, I'd probably consider migrate back to Hasselblad eco.

ThdeDude

IQ4 has been in the market for 4 years with no indication of the replacement as I’d say this DB is already on pace even with current technology. Yes there’ll be room for improvements but many has already considered for what’s offered it’s sufficiently fulfilled.
For my tripod-based landscape/seascape photography, I don't see how "global shutter" would offer an advantage, but for other's it might be a game changer.

Paul Spinnler

IQ4 allows you to access X shutter technology which is 1/1000 flash syncable CS for Rodenstock HR lenses ... this is a unique proposition, but unfortunately expensive ...

ThdeDude

X shutter technology which is 1/1000 flash syncable CS for Rodenstock HR lenses ... a unique proposition, but unfortunately expensive ...
My understanding is that "global shutter" would also allow this.

"unfortunately expensive" - if and when IQ5, the only thing we know for sure that it won't be inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.