The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Schneider Apo Digitar XL 47mm Lens Copal 0 + Center Filter (WDS 556 Cambo Mount)

diggles

The lens and center filter is in excellent condition. The SK 47XL is small and lightweight with very little distortion due to its symmetrical design. It was purchased preowned from Igor Camera in September 2021 for $1895. I had one month to evaluate the quality of the lens and it passed beautifully. It's sharp all the way around, glass is clean, the shutter works, and the body has no marks. The Cambo mount does have the normal marks from mounting the lens to the WRS body. The bumper bars are included and can be reattached easily.

The center filter was purchased new from Linhof Studio in September 2021 for $535–I think it was the last one. The center filter cleans up the files captured with a CMOS 50mp sensor significantly. When perspective correction is kept to 10mm and less, my experience is the lens performs very nicely. There is plenty of room in the 113mm image circle for bigger movements, but the results will be less than ideal.

I demo'd the IQ4 150 for a week and the 47xl resolves quite well on it. Here is a link to a full size tif with no output sharpening and no perspective correction:

This lens is a good fit if:
  • You are looking for a lens in this focal range
  • You don't want to spend the $ for the Digaron 50mm
  • You don't use much perspective correction in your work
Specs
  • Filter Thread 52mm
  • Image Circle 113mm
  • Flange Focal Distance 52.3mm
The reason I am selling this lens is because I've recently purchased the SK 43XL.

Price: $2,095
Payment method: PayPal
Shipping instructions: Free shipping to the CONUS, PayPal only, I'll pay fees.

Items included with the sale:
  • Lens in Cambo Mount
  • Center Filter (very hard to find)
  • Focusing mask for Cambo viewfinder
  • Original caps, front, rear, and center filter
  • Original Box
_GFX6342-WEB.jpg_GFX6343-WEB.jpg_GFX6344-WEB.jpg_GFX6345-WEB.jpg_GFX6346-WEB.jpg_GFX6347-WEB.jpg_GFX6349-WEB.jpg_GFX6350-WEB.jpg

JeffK

I've got this in ALPA mount. Put it up for sale, but took it down. Avoided seller remorse. Such a sharp lens, I decided to keep it. You've priced yours to sell. Should go quick.

Last edited: