The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

scho

Two White Swans. Last time I saw them was about 30 years ago.

Sony A6000M Voigtlander APO Lanthar 50/2
This was my first monochrome converted camera. Still works well, but now I also have a Pentax DSLR Mono and Pixii Rangefinder. Time to let a couple of them go.

Last edited:

pegelli

Rain and fog at Ross Farm. I didn't want to change lenses, so these were all shot with the Sigma 65mm f/2 on my A72.
Excellent series, the mood and weather really make these shine in B&W.
And I find going out with just one focal length is helping my creativity and "seeing" good subjects for that specific lens. I can only assume you were pretty happy with the results you came home with that day, at least I would have been.

JNB54

Excellent series, the mood and weather really make these shine in B&W.
And I find going out with just one focal length is helping my creativity and "seeing" good subjects for that specific lens. I can only assume you were pretty happy with the results you came home with that day, at least I would have been.
Thank-you. I frequently go out with just a single prime. I did take a 35mm f/2 with me to the farm as well, but ended up stitching multiple shots from the 65mm when needed (the last image, for example). I know it's just psychological, but one of the things I like about the 65mm is that paired with the .71x magnification of the A7ii's viewfinder, objects appear pretty much the same distance away as they do to the naked eye. So when I raise the camera to my eye, my perspective stays the same.

pegelli

The "Banana Bridge" in Wijnegem, road traffic enters parallel to the water on one side and leaves perpendicular to the water on the other side.

A7ii + Voigtländer Color Skopar 21/4

This rare bridge will be demolished mid january 2024 to allow higher container traffic on the King Albert Canal