The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thoughtful pics of fauna...

Duff photographer

The spider Ero aphana with her egg-sac. The beasty normally lays her eggs in the silken sac she has spun and then quickly moves on, leaving them suspended under a sheltered overhang. This one clearly hasn't read the books and has hung on to rest up by her creation. This has allowed a rare photo opportunity of the spider with her egg sac gently backlit to show the three or four pearlescent eggs within. Hard to believe that such relatively large eggs came from such a small spider, perhaps explaining her resting up!

Ero aphana.jpg

Nikon D300s. Schneider 40mm Apo-Componon.

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

Goose
A7Rii + Tamron 150-500 Di III VC VXD
Pieter, I'm sure that you know this is a Canada goose (Branta canadensis) ... an invasive species in our countries ... and often considered a pest species because of its excrement, its depredation of crops, its noise, its aggressive territorial behavior toward both humans and other animals, and its habit of stalking and begging for food ...

pegelli

Pieter, I'm sure that you know this is a Canada goose (Branta canadensis) ... an invasive species in our countries ... and often considered a pest species because of its excrement, its depredation of crops, its noise, its aggressive territorial behavior toward both humans and other animals, and its habit of stalking and begging for food ...
Yes I know, except for being reasonable photography subjects they're a pest, lots of them in all the water around here and also cross breeding with the white (tame?) local geese.