The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Toggle ES / LS / FPS on Phase One XF via Custom Button Assignment?

John Black

I bounce back & forth between LS and ES quite abit and would like to change it directly without the menu dive, like assigning it to one of the custom buttons or maybe the XF's top screen icons. Any way to do this? I'm using XF w/ HAP-2 and an IQ3 Trichromatic if that matters. Thanks.

Greg Haag

John, I have gone thru my menu on the XF w/HAP-2 and IQ4 and cannot find this option on the custom buttons. It very well may be there, I don't shoot with the XF as much as I do with my technical camera, so I am not extremely familiar with the menu system. Maybe @Steve Hendrix or someone more knowledgeable than me will have the answer.

Steve Hendrix

I did have a think on it, and you can change some XF buttons to "Shutter", but you cannot then also dictate which shutter from there, so I am not aware of any way to create more direct access to it vs accessing from the Capture Setup Menu via the XF camera or digital back.

Steve Hendrix/CI

John Black

Okay, thank you for checking - I appreciate the sanity check. The "issue" I was trying to get around was the loss of auto metering and the OVF when ES is enabled. Enabling ES raises the mirror.

The workaround is manually tapping MLU on the top LCD of the XF, thus dropping the mirror. It is an easy workaround, but I was hoping maybe shutter mode could be one of the custom icons at the bottom of the XF LCD screen.

med

I also had a look and could not find a way. I often switch between LS and FPS and would appreciate the ability as well. I think tapping appropriate area on the top screen would be an elegant way to do it, similar to switching between PASM.