The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Touch Screen Phase One IQ360

Ben730

The touch screen of a Phase One IQ360 back is only partially working.
The lower edge and the corners aren't working.
Does somebody know this problem? Is there a way to reactivate it, or do I have to replace it.
Thanks,
Ben

buildbot

The touch screen of a Phase One IQ360 back is only partially working.
The lower edge and the corners aren't working.
Does somebody know this problem? Is there a way to reactivate it, or do I have to replace it.
Thanks,
Ben
Probably needs to be replaced - did the screen get cracked? Even a hairline fracture can through of the touch screen. It's capacitive vs. resistance based (iPhone vs. Palm Pilot, IQ vs. Leaf Aptus). There's no calibration/switch for it to my knowledge.

Steve Hendrix

Try a 4 button restart. Shut down, press all 4 buttons simultaneously and restart the IQ360.

Some more details:

4 button reset is performed with the digital back disconnected from camera, protective plate on, sitting on table surface. Power up the back and as soon as the twin orange lights flash, hold down all four hard buttons.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Ben730

Thanks Steve, unfortunately this doesn't help.
When I press all 4 buttons simultaneously and restart the IQ360 the display shows: "Firmware not repaired!"

Steve Hendrix

Thanks Steve, unfortunately this doesn't help.
When I press all 4 buttons simultaneously and restart the IQ360 the display shows: "Firmware not repaired!"

4 button restart is a - potential - fix for an unresponsive or irregularly performing UI.

Do you have a dealer that can troubleshoot this further?

Steve Hendrix/CI

Ben730

In the meantime I was able to do the UI start and the Firmware is repaired.
The touch screen is still not working.

Yes, I have a dealer, Profot Switzerland, but maybe it's better to give it back to the seller...
I think a new touch screen will be very expensive.

Steve Hendrix

Yes, I have a dealer, Profot Switzerland, but maybe it's better to give it back to the seller...
I think a new touch screen will be very expensive.
Yes, a new screen/UI would be expensive. If you did just purchase it, yes, why not return to seller.

If it is too late to do so, then I'd still recommend contacting the dealer, it's not conclusive yet that you would need a new screen/UI (but hopefully you don't).

Steve Hendrix/CI