The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Digital Back for Hasselblad V

dubscura

I'm just getting my toes wet with using a Hasselblad V series camera and would love to get a decent deal on a digital back for it. I'd like something with live view. I've been leaning more towards the phase one or leaf backs but that's just based on a bit of digging in the forums and sensor size bias. I'm based out of San Francisco and since I've recently joined this website, here is a link to my photos: azohrabian.com. Thanks!

Godfrey

I don't know much about the Phase One or Leaf digital backs. I use my Hasselblad 500CM bodies with the Hasselblad CFVII 50c ... This back suits the Hasselblad V system SLRs beautifully and works seamlessly with no fuss or synchronization connections required. It is part of the Hasselblad 907x camera package; the least expensive way to obtain one would be to buy a second-hand 907x kit.

G

Hasslebad

It’s a little slow right now. I’m guessing people are on vacation. V mount backs come up every so often. Keep bumping this thread and stay on the lookout. I’m sure something will be posted. I like the photos on your website. Good luck.

ThdeDude

Hi dubscura,

Have my CFV-50c for sale. Bought it second hand myself. Probably less than 100 actuations.

Due to a lack of an effective automatic brightness regulation and lack of an electronic shutter I found it rather difficult to use on a technical camera. (Bought a PhaseOne IQ3-100 instead). But should work very well on a V camera for which it was designed. The newer CFV-50c Mark II still uses the SAME sensor, Sony IMX161.

Last time I checked eBay, (June 10, 2022) CFV-50c offered on eBay for $4,800, $7,100, $6,900, $7,400, and $5,999, https://tinyurl.com/3t9hxkvk

$3999 seems therefore a sensible, priced-to-sell asking price.

Thanks,

MN

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

dubscura

Thanks for the suggestions. All the great deals I've come across are for Mamiyas or Hasselblad Hs. As nice as the CFVs look, I'm going to wait to see if I can find a p65+ or leaf equivalent.

dubscura

Thanks, that's good to know. Live View would be great but I'd be content being able to review photos after taking a shot. From what I've read, that functionality (including magnifying the image on the LCD) is available.

tcdeveau

I noted you said p65+ above....even if you go for an older CCD back, you may want to look for a Phase One IQ or Leaf Credo back over a p-series if LCD is of importance. My understanding is the LCDs in the IQ backs and Credo backs are a huge step up from the p65+ and Leaf Aptus, live view or not. Happy hunting!