The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB Digital Back for HY6

dalkhaw

I am trying to get a HY6 body mod 2 and a digital back. Can be sold separately. Please let me know if you have one for my consideration.
Thank you.

Daniel

I have a Rolleiflex Hy6 Mark 2 and a LEAF Credo 60megapixel back. They are both in excellent condition. I will make images to show you if you are interested at $8,500 US. Will you want the 80mm lens?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ugh - sorry I missed this. I also have a full Rollei system and have been looking for a digital back adapted solution for it. Originally it was the P20+ but a later option would have been ideal. 🤦‍♂️

baudolino

I suggest you call Hans Hartje at DW Photo. I understand they can make a Hy6 Mark II and are able to convert a Phase One back to work with the body. Not sure if the expense involved in the modification and the (to me) unclear level of body/back integration are worth it, though, given the prevailing second hand prices of Phase One XF bodies / lenses.

buildbot

I suggest you call Hans Hartje at DW Photo. I understand they can make a Hy6 Mark II and are able to convert a Phase One back to work with the body. Not sure if the expense involved in the modification and the (to me) unclear level of body/back integration are worth it, though, given the prevailing second hand prices of Phase One XF bodies / lenses.
Is there more information about this? This is the second time I've heard of modern Phase backs + HY6 (I guess I should also just email Hans, but is this some kind of hush hush secret about IQ backs + HY6s?)

dalkhaw

Thank you Baudolino. It appears that it is not difficult to get a Hy6 mod body but getting a digital back is the challenge!

baudolino

Is there more information about this? This is the second time I've heard of modern Phase backs + HY6 (I guess I should also just email Hans, but is this some kind of hush hush secret about IQ backs + HY6s?)
I had some interaction with Hans in the past weeks regarding the servicing of my 6008 and he offered this possibility to me. He mentioned that they had converted an IQ3100 and other P1 backs to work with the Hy6 Mk II. But my understanding is that the modification is not very integrated electronically with the body - perhaps along the lines of an RZ67 Pro IID with an adapter that allows you to shoot with the back but there is no transfer of EXIF data on lens, aperture, shutter speed. I am also not sure if the modification/adapter is revolving, like it was for the Leaf/Sinar backs. Hans also mentioned the cost (which was not trivial and you can get it from him). My conclusion was that this was not worth it for me, because I no longer have a Hy6 and AFD lenses and I do have an XF body and lenses. (I did have some initial interest in this because I really like the rendering of the Rollei Schneider lenses and I have a "spare" IQ280 back that I thought I could get converted...but I will more likely sell the IQ280 and keep shooting with the XF3100 that I bought subsequent to the IQ280).

Last edited: