The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X2D: no auto ISO in M mode?

onasj

Is there any way to turn on auto ISO in M mode? That's the way many photographers (including me) prefer to shoot. Hopefully they can add this option in a firmware update.

Last edited:

SrMphoto

Is there any way to turn on auto ISO in M mode? That's the way many photographers (including me) prefer to shoot. Hopefully they can add this option in a firmware update.
No, Hasselblad cameras do not have Auto-ISO in M mode. You may contact Hasselblad and request it.
Note: if X2D has dual conversion gain, then using Auto-ISO, while convenient, can lead to suboptimal IQ.
I like to use Auto-ISO in M mode.

onasj

My dealer sent the request to Hasselblad. Seems odd that they wouldn’t at least offer the option in M mode, given that it’s present as an option in other modes.

SrMphoto

It has never been like it. Expect resistance like the LENR topic with Leica cameras :cool:
The latest Leica cameras (SL2 and M11) allow turning LENR off. Maybe Hasselblad can also change :). However, I would appreciate a live histogram more than Auto-ISO in M mode.